PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks FCR 39mm Carb

08400ex'er
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I have an opportunity to get the CS 39mm carb kit from a friend who is parting out his 400ex. He never put it on and he just up and decided to get a 450r.

I’ve been reading mixed reviews about bogging issues and people have trouble getting them setup correctly. What do you think is it a good mod for what I have? Any better them the 450r carb mod?

Cam
Full exhaust
+6 key
Airbox mods

He’s asking about half of what it cost through sparks.

CJM
04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Its better than the 450r carb, easier to tune a bit too. For half the price do it.

NacsMXer
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I have one I bought new from Sparks, and would choose it any day over a 450R carb. The 450R carb is still a round slide carb like the 400EX so there's nothing really special about it other than the larger bore (except for later models that came with the FCR). The FCR uses a flat slide that has the edge with throttle response. It is definitely worth it, and you should notice a night and day difference vs. your stock 400EX carb. Both the FCR and 450R carb make a great upgrade for the 400EX, but when it comes down to it, the FCR is a bit better IMO.

It will bolt right on, and is as simple as a carb can get. No choke, no hotstarts to mess with/plug, no adapters needed to fit the intake. In general it doesn't have all the junk/hoses that even OEM FCR's come with. It is a true no frills race carb.

They are easy to jet and make changes to. You shouldn't have issues with bogging if you get the jetting where it needs to be for your mods.

IMSROLL450R
04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Nacs said it perfect. FCR for damn sure. No bogging or tuning issues here....

400exshop
04-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 08400ex'er
I have an opportunity to get the CS 39mm carb kit from a friend who is parting out his 400ex. He never put it on and he just up and decided to get a 450r.

I’ve been reading mixed reviews about bogging issues and people have trouble getting them setup correctly. What do you think is it a good mod for what I have? Any better them the 450r carb mod?

Cam
Full exhaust
+6 key
Airbox mods

He’s asking about half of what it cost through sparks.
The fcr 450er carb and the curtis sparks are the same set up..... if you get the yfz 450 carb you will not have to make any modds to tank or carb..... also if you get the crf 450 fcr carb i dont think you have to do any modds there eathere..... so look around and look on othere site for more info.

400exshop
04-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by 400exshop
The fcr 450er carb and the curtis sparks are the same set up..... if you get the yfz 450 carb you will not have to make any modds to tank or carb..... also if you get the crf 450 fcr carb i dont think you have to do any modds there eathere..... so look around and look on othere site for more info.... i run the 06-07 450er fcr flat slide on mine..