PDA

View Full Version : 330r Dragging a ktm 525xc

IdahoMX
04-19-2011, 06:44 AM
I just had a quick question about anybody with the 330R setup to drag race. We went to winnemucca last weekend and I had a chance to line up against a high end port 330r in a drag race. I have a 08 KTM 525xc bone stock. we lined up and I pulled him almost everytime by a bike or 2. I am not bragging more so just shocked as I would have thought the R would run in front. Maybe just tire choice on the R quad instead of HP?? Just curious what everybody elses outcome has been

Grande Huevos
04-19-2011, 07:05 AM
it could b a number of things, could simply b the rider not being very good!? also could have somthing to do w how the R is setup, who built the motor, what type port job, what components does he have on it, do those components work well together, sprocket ratio, tire size, jetting, how much compression does he have, is he running the right fuel for his setup and so on! i have had people tell me there motor is completly built before and it turns out they have a cheap aftermarket pipe and a cool head.....which is nowhere near being built ya kno? its really hard to kno without having a complete rundown on the bike and everthing done to it.

Jonny B
04-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Bone stock 525 is around 47 hp or so...

DnB_racing
04-19-2011, 08:28 AM
like said earlier, its all in the setup! if the 250 is setup for trails or mx, then most lightly modified mx 450s will beat a mx 250 in a drag race, however a 250 that is really setup for drags will beat many lightly modded 450's ... I have both and I can make either one better then the other with a few changes, I dont drag enough to setup either completly for drag racing, and with a mx setup on both the 450 is much faster at the drags
its all in how I set them up!

IdahoMX
04-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Dragging really isnt my thing I was just suprised a stock KTM was able to beat a 330R. I had a 250r a few years back and loved it. Thinking about building another but havent decided. The one thing that was said was the set up, The KTM in stock form does mx,trail, and a very potent dragger all. Not the fastest in a highly modded form but out of the box very good.

danhung11
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
There is a lot of things to consider... these posts drive me absolutely bonkers. Go race him around a track and give us some feedback. :D

IdahoMX
04-20-2011, 06:20 AM
A track is another story, Rider ability plays a way bigger part in mx then a drag race. I am not bashing the R. I am just suprised that A stock machine is able to keep up with a 330 powervalve 2 stroke.

J.B.
04-20-2011, 06:38 AM
A bone stock KTM 525 is not like alot of machines. They are serious quads in stock form.