PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay?

killed300ex
02-18-2003, 07:11 PM
OK today i found out that one of my freinds neighbors that she is close to is gonna be sellign her husbands truck. The deal is that the husband got institutionalized(sp) for demensher(not sure how its spelled) and he had an 95(i think about 90% positive) dodge ram 1500 x cab short bed with a cap. It is a really clean truck he was a mechanic so he took care of it. Its got the 318 engine and a standard transmission and a plow. Here is my question how much should i offer to buy it of them. im not sure about the milage but i know it needs new tires they are strickly road tires you have a hard time plowing with them they are so bad. So what i want to do is offer them some money casue im sure she will say yes but after all she has been through i dont want to rip her off. How much would you guys offer if the mileage was say 75000 miles? Also since they are selling the plow truck right now they are paying someone to plow for them i was thinking about offering to plow them out for 2 years free of charge if i could get it cheap enough. How much would i be able to take off for doing that?
So to sum it up how much for just the truck with 75000 miles?
And how much with 2 winters plowing and the tuck with 75000 miles?
Killed

GNCC#829
02-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Plowing snow is hard on a truck, especially of you get alot of snow.

stocktires
02-18-2003, 07:25 PM
I have no idea about plowing snow (never gotten more than 1" of snow here, and the last time it snowed was like 5 years ago).
But without any plowing ect I'd say the truck (with 75k miles) would be worth $7k if its in nice shape. I'd offer 6.5k if its in decent shape.

But again, I have no idea on the whole plowing and snow damage ect.

My 96' club cab 360 slt larime Ram (60k miles) is worth about 10k

killed300ex
02-18-2003, 07:30 PM
You guys think that if i take another 1000 off and do the 2 years plowign this its worth it? Cause i dont have 6500 but i think i could manage 5500 and id rather do that. I think im gonna see about talking to my freind to see if we can go and talk to her. The thing is is that its a real touchy subject and im not sure weather she is ready to sell it or not.
killed

killed300ex
02-18-2003, 07:32 PM
And yes plowing is really hard on the truck but he was 75 and took it real easy on it and its standard which is better than automatic for plowing snow in transmision abuse
killed

stocktires
02-18-2003, 07:36 PM
As much as I like my Ram, I must say that dodge tranny's are not something to brag about (as far as reliability) :(

Personally, I wouldnt do the plowing deal, but it's up to you.
I'd sell the plow to get some $

honda400exrider
02-18-2003, 07:58 PM
hahaha if it where my, id go chevy, but see if he will go down to 5500

Quad18star
02-18-2003, 08:04 PM
If the truck has been used for plowing snow check the front end out on it . The dodges have lots of problems with the front end . I have a 1994 and have replaced a lot of the front end parts 2 or more times already . Also as mentioned the trannies are something to brag home about , Check that out also . Other than that , my truck runs awesome and I'm sure that one will also . I have 270 000 KM ( dont know how many milel that is but its a lot) and runs like a charm.

stocktires
02-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Dodge trucks are great trucks, A friend of mine has 218,000 miles on his truck with the original motor (318ci) and tranny (manual) and says it still runs great and He's moding it daily!
I have no front end troubles or tranny problems with mine at all, I'm just saying check those two out.
O yeah, one last thing, dont expect awesome gas mileage, :p

killed300ex
02-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by stocktires

O yeah, one last thing, dont expect awesome gas mileage, :p

Yea lol its better than the truck i was driving all today and last nigh we started with a full tank now its empty and its gonna be 50 to fill her up lol its a dogde ram 2500 with the 360
killed

bigbadbrad
02-19-2003, 10:31 AM
around $5000 depending on milage. the plow probally screwwed up the frame a little. the front of the frame is probally bent. the front suspension is probally shot from all of those years of having a plow on it. you might think that puting a plow on a truck will rase the resale value. but it doesnt it actualy lowers it. but if it is in good shape you should buy it. and put the plow on your 2500 with the 360. it would plow much beter and it will alow you to keep your tuck longer. and yeas dodge auto transmisons suck. we have had to replace the one in my moms van twice and it is a 96. in her older dodge van he replaced it a couple of times to.

killed300ex
02-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Well the dodge 2500 isnt mine and it aleady has a plow and i want the plow oin it to make some money wiht it. And its standard not automatic so im not sure about tranny problems iv only heard of them with automatics. So i think in the spring im gonna offer her 500 and the plowing for at least a year, maybe two just to sweaeter the deal. I decided on spring casue even if i wanted two i couldnt get it out now there are 10ft snowbanks in the way. But iv never heard of the snow plow bending the frame. Also i doupt that it is casue it was an 80 year old that was driving it so i doupt that he was plowing into the snowbanks that fast . IM gonna look at it this weekend if it snows.
killed