PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Joe Byrd moto 2 @ Budds Creek?

EthansDad
04-18-2011, 06:52 PM
He pulled up to the line, back out then rode back to the pits. saw him do a wheelie on his way back too....very odd. was it mechanical? quad sounded / looked strong....???

fastex91
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Word is that he tried to ride a different quad in the second moto and got caught and was sent to the trailer. I am only guessing, but id say it was too messy to try to fix the first moto quad and tried to pull a fast one and ride a second one. Not cool if that is what he tried to do. Thats just pittyful.

ryan243
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
oh joe byrd...:rolleyes:

dinliracer17
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
dirty byrd!!!!!

One_Bad_400
04-18-2011, 10:43 PM
who cares if he got on another bike if one mesed up. As long as someone doesn't try to ride a 525cc in the main who really cares. If in the second moto he pulled the holeshot by 5 bike lengths, obviously he hoped on a cheater motor. If he loses then its not that big of a deal.

I don't really understand that rule. If you run the first moto on a Kawie and run the second moto on a yamaha. makes no difference in my eyes. they both have 4 tires and handlebars.

eastcoastpro20
04-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
who cares if he got on another bike if one mesed up. As long as someone doesn't try to ride a 525cc in the main who really cares. If in the second moto he pulled the holeshot by 5 bike lengths, obviously he hoped on a cheater motor. If he loses then its not that big of a deal.

I don't really understand that rule. If you run the first moto on a Kawie and run the second moto on a yamaha. makes no difference in my eyes. they both have 4 tires and handlebars.

well youre goin from a bike with one moto atleast on it to a brand new bike without havin to do any work, and on a muddy day tht could make a huge diffrence. Also he would be taking a bike to the line that didnt go through tech so they have no way of knowing if its legal.

blaster12s
04-18-2011, 10:50 PM
rules are rules...its not fair to have a whole bunch of quads that break after a moto plus one lap and just ride the new one for the second moto...keeps the playing field level. makes them stay "reliable"

One_Bad_400
04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
what happened to the bike he rode in the 1st moto?

tjsdaname
04-19-2011, 12:13 AM
lol.... I love all the byrd fans, he can do no wrong in there eyes...

he is a dirty rider and a cheater...

EthansDad
04-19-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't know how the rules apply to the pros, but in the amateur ranks, you MUST ride the same FRAME moto 1 as moto 2. you can switch anything else, motor, tires, etc, but must be the same frame. Also, any bike going on track for a race MUST pass tech inspection and the pros have a tighter tech than amateurs. I don't have any facts that he did switch bikes, I just know that after lining up at his gate for 5 minutes in his spot, for some reason, he pulled back to the pits before the gate drop.

-EA

protraxrptr17
04-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
lol.... I love all the byrd fans, he can do no wrong in there eyes...

he is a dirty rider and a cheater...

Gotta love all the Byrd haters. Everything he does is wrong in their eyes.

Rootar
04-19-2011, 08:29 AM
haters gonna hate, who really cares wether you like him or not, the OP just wanted to know why he didnt run moto 2.

Chico
04-19-2011, 08:30 AM
a dirty byrd cant fly with a broken wing..

tjsdaname
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17

how is switching quads not wrong? I have never been to a track that lets you ride 2 different quads....

motochamp250
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
how is switching quads not wrong? I have never been to a track that lets you ride 2 different quads....

Because you were in his trailer and saw him get a new bike?? haha :rolleyes:

motochamp250
04-19-2011, 10:04 AM

haha plus 1 man.. i could start a thread about what kind of tires he runs and someone would have something to say about how they were illegal :rolleyes:

SRH
04-19-2011, 11:16 AM
i heard they had to refill his nitrous bottle and refuel his jetpack, he also wanted to punch natalie's mechanic in the face for fun, it didnt matter how much time he lost he was going to cut the track in the back section anyway

motochamp250
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i heard they had to refill his nitrous bottle and refuel his jetpack, he also wanted to punch natalie's mechanic in the face for fun, it didnt matter how much time he lost he was going to cut the track in the back section anyway

haha that's hilarious!

Chico
04-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SRH

And hes now teaching how to switch quads between motos at his riding school! ooops i mean cheating school

440racer66
04-19-2011, 01:11 PM

you clearly have never met this guy.

Balaz_73*00
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Im curious as to what really happened..I made it to the first 3 rounds and missed this last one. No one who was there poked around and asked questions? Someone has to know what really happened

OutlawBill
04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
If he tried to race a different quad from the first race he is a lucky Bird and the Race Director is a wimp he should have been DQ.

Tommy Warren
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
If he was going to switch bikes he should have at least came back on a YFZ....that way he might have a chance:D

FHKracingZ
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
If he was going to switch bikes he should have at least came back on a YFZ....that way he might have a chance:D

haha have a chance at what? getting last in the holeshot or blowing up?

Tommy Warren
04-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
haha have a chance at what? getting last in the holeshot or blowing up?

hey! his honda didn't even leave the gate:o

eastcoastpro20
04-19-2011, 10:27 PM

Well it was apparently wrong in the officials eyes too haha

mdickerson319
04-20-2011, 07:03 PM
If he was DQ'd then why is he listed in the results as finishing 14 in moto 2, with Jonathan Ven John in 15?

EthansDad
04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Your wrong on that mdickerson. he got 14th for the event, but did not run in moto 2. I saw with my own eyes Joe pulling away from the gate and did not make it back on any quad before the gate drop moto 2. Escoremx confirms it - he got 13th moto 1, and no place moto 2 for a 14th on the day. this would also lead me to think he was not DQ'd because if he was, they would take all points away.

just curious why a pro racer would pull away before the gate drop. kind of the point of being there, yea??

pro moto 2 results @ budds
http://www.escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2011/laptimes.asp?s=&c=139&e=4&rn=2&rt=M

Dan_Guetter
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
They still have ATV racing :confused:

protraxrptr17
04-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
you clearly have never met this guy.

You clearly didnt get the joke I was trying to make. I quoted the guy who said the same thing about Byrd fans. I dont really give a damn if the guy switched bikes or not.

OutlawBill
04-22-2011, 06:33 AM
no dirty Bird Report is that he replace engine after moto1 then saw that a front brake rotor was broken and was unable to fix before the start of moto2.

mdickerson319
04-24-2011, 05:56 AM
EthansDad- I was going by list on the link below. It never said he DQ'd.
http://www.escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2011/class.asp?e=4&c=139

diangelo#67
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
what ever I was there and saw harve point him off the line so say what you guys need I was there. Harve don't point you off the track for mech issues

EthansDad
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
so, not to carry this on, but still curious. he does not even show DNS or DNF for moto2. if he was DQ'd for something, then why did he still get points for the event?

just seems like they told him "not today" for moto2 for some reason, but nothing big enough for a DQ. whatever I guess, just seems like there would be more news about it. If a pro rolled up to the line in supercross then pulled back, there would be like pages of stuff about it from all the major moto mags.

oh wait, this is quad racing, I forgot for a moment. nevermind....

rageatvsupermom
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
At least he should have gotten a DNS, you don't leave the gate you did not start period. So there is more than we all know and we probably will never know.... I don't understand why more of the PRO'S are not saying anything....you should not get anything you did not earn...just my opinion.

jake55
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
he was late coming to the start area, do the pro's have a time limit getting to the gate?? if they do and he was late, maybe that's why they sent him back to the pits.

diangelo#67
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
haha no they don't. If they are late tough noogies, he did the parade lap....then was told to leave by harve

OutlawBill
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
At least he should have gotten a DNS, you don't leave the gate you did not start period. So there is more than we all know and we probably will never know.... I don't understand why more of the PRO'S are not saying anything....you should not get anything you did not earn...just my opinion.

read the rule if a racer show up to the gate but does not race he get last place points.
f. Riders who qualify for a starting position in the main program, but are unable to make the start or drop out of the event before completing lap one, will be listed in the results relative to the order in which they qualified or dropped out. Points and purse will be awarded for their earned position.

rageatvsupermom
04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
read the rule if a racer show up to the gate but does not race he get last place points.
f. Riders who qualify for a starting position in the main program, but are unable to make the start or drop out of the event before completing lap one, will be listed in the results relative to the order in which they qualified or dropped out. Points and purse will be awarded for their earned position.

That may be true, if that is the rule then so be it. Regardless, he was sent back to his pit and you don't get sent back for no reason.

dennis45
04-25-2011, 05:27 PM
HE DID NOT BRING THE SAME QUAD TO MOTO 2 .RULE BOOK SAYS YOU CAN NOT DO THAT. NO INSPECTION,NO SOUND TEST,LOTS OF NO NOS.

OutlawBill
04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
That may be true, if that is the rule then so be it. Regardless, he was sent back to his pit and you don't get sent back for no reason. how about a broken part like a brake rotor

quadrcr161
04-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
how about a broken part like a brake rotor

then he should have done what other pro's have done for years either hurt or broken, start, then put around on the side out of the way or park on the side and wait till the race is over and cross the finish line to get his points. ive seen almost every pro have to do that just to salvage points for a bad weekend.

rageatvsupermom
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
It still does not make sense that he would try and line up after the sight lap and Harve send him back, if he rode the bike for the sight lap would he not know there was something wrong? And why would Harve notice the brake rotor being broke, he allows other quads to continue to race who are smoking and stuff hanging off of them and don't send them back to their pits. Not at all trying to start anything just does not make any sense.

dennis45
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
HE WAS NOT ON THE SAME QUAD HE ROAD IN MOTO ONE.THATS WHY HE COULD RACE.

OutlawBill
04-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by dennis45
HE WAS NOT ON THE SAME QUAD HE ROAD IN MOTO ONE.THATS WHY HE COULD RACE.

what proof do you have ?

dinliracer17
04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
outlawbill : his name is dirty byrd for a reason. dirtyest rider in the game

Britboy
04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
all i saw was that he had red lower a-arms on in practice and the first moto....yet at the line up for the 2nd moto he had black lower a-arms.

So either he trashed a pair of walsh a-arms in between moto's OR he just felt like powdercoating his a-arms between moto's......either way i doubt it!!!

He rode out on a different bike! LOL

Britboy
04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
practice pic with red lower a-arms! LOL

fastex91
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Grab bar and nerf bars are different colors too. Thats just whats noticible at a quick glance.

Jim417mx
04-26-2011, 07:03 PM
OH OH OH !!! can this be a "can u find the differences" game? :blah: .. front hub nut covers must have fallin off into some blue paint after practice!

ryan243
04-27-2011, 04:37 AM
...and the dirty Byrd loses the worm...

EthansDad
04-27-2011, 06:46 AM
That's Brilliant britboy! its now a can we find "waldo" with the quad pics. At first, I was like "well, that is that, case closed", BUT a lot of pros run different bikes in practice than moto 1+2, that is OK.

Here is the best pic I can find of #7 in the slop that was moto 1. Are my eyes off, or does this bike look more like what he pulled off the track for moto 2????? no red a-arms like his practice bike....DAMNIT!

laeger2fiddyr
04-27-2011, 10:53 AM
in the practice pick he had pep pb1's & in the pick of him going back to the pits he had axis shocks. diff bike!

SRH
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by fastex91
Grab bar and nerf bars are different colors too. Thats just whats noticible at a quick glance.

seats too

SRH
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
looks like pb's on the bike in the mud, the axis dont have piggybacks right?

Britboy
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
more proof

Moto 1- looks to me that those are some red- a arms and red front wheel hubs again! LOL

http://www.photostockplus.com/home.php?user_id=67454&tmpl=167&event=814321&action=viewphoto&photo_id=44419777&album_id=814329&pcount=44

walker054
04-27-2011, 05:12 PM
wanna bet bikes are identical next race!

FHKracingZ
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
joe byrd would never cheat. hes a saint.

rageatvsupermom
04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
There again it must have been the brake rotor.. lol So tell me why he got points for the second moto and not DQ'D....he must have got that 100.00 fine again.

walker054
04-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Can you learn; how to ignore caution flags, gate preparation, rough passing and bike exchange at Quad Riding School?

SRH
04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by walker054
Can you learn; how to ignore caution flags, gate preparation, rough passing and bike exchange at Quad Riding School?

one of my buddies went he said the twist and reverse punch move they have combo'd up with a bike swtich, i guess as you punch the rider your tangled with you rotate off of the quad in a spin move onto a practice bike brought up by your mechanic, and as you ride away you hit the self destruct button which will not only destroy your atv leaving no evidence of a switch but also your competitor , 1 less sucker on the track for you

and you all thought that big can on the dasa was a pre muffler:rolleyes:

icecreammaker
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
joe byrd would never cheat. hes a saint.

Keep looking to see were you are racing again, or didnt you get that pro license yet

FHKracingZ
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by icecreammaker
Keep looking to see were you are racing again, or didnt you get that pro license yet
huh?

icecreammaker
05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
typical thread basher with no idea what goes on, just opioions

TheLane
05-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Lol you seem like the troll to me :) not him.

icecreammaker
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
funny chipmunk, thats all you have, again nothing to report, as usually,

TheLane
05-02-2011, 08:30 PM

......what are you talking about?:confused:

FHKracingZ
05-02-2011, 09:13 PM

Just another retard behind a forum name. Its cool atleast you seem cool on here. And if you had any brains you would know how sarcastic I am being when I said byrd wouldnt cheat.

And no, Im not running any more nationals due to the fact im broke.

beastlywarrior
05-02-2011, 11:19 PM
you seem upset, i thought ice cream made people happy

motofreak2772
05-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Why would he switch quads anyways? He could have just put a new engine in there. I understand the no switching bikes rule for amateurs but pros can build a whole new quad in between motos if they wanted, so the rule is kind of pointless to them. It just makes their mechanics have to do more work.

icecreammaker
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Why would he switch quads anyways? He could have just put a new engine in there. I understand the no switching bikes rule for amateurs but pros can build a whole new quad in between motos if they wanted, so the rule is kind of pointless to them. It just makes their mechanics have to do more work.

Thats exactly what the did, but when going to line found out rotor was bad

05-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe this thread will eventually get closed with all of the bashing taking place..

Pappy
05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by #101
Maybe this thread will eventually get closed with all of the bashing taking place..

Not one reported thread. If you dont want to be part of the solution, just ignore the thread.