PDA

View Full Version : dual front brake lines

87HONDATRX250X
04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
i got my first set of dual front brake lines but, i didnt get a double banjo bolt with them. Does any one have a part # or know of what other machines it could be under? Gonna try the local dealer and dont want them telling me i cant buy just the bolt.

sheweezy
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
can't answer you ? but have one of my own...

just aquired a bike that has dual front ss braided lines...was kinda curious why it was like that...is this an improvement over a single split line?

JOHNDOE83
04-18-2011, 05:40 PM
LOL... I cant answer that question either, and Im sorry for posting off subject.

But here it goes, speaking of brake lines, when I recently bought my +7 swingarm the guy tried to sell me a extended brake line for $50. I figured I find something better and cheaper later on and did!

I was working today and thinking of what to do about my brake line when a add came on the radio for a hose and rubber shop, I called them and later that day I had a BRAND NEW extended brake line with polished ends for $30, and it was right around the corner from my house.

It took them 10 minutes to make, worked out great and looks SWEET. The radio does good things sometimes...lol.

Just figured Id share that.

87HONDATRX250X
04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by sheweezy
can't answer you ? but have one of my own...

just aquired a bike that has dual front ss braided lines...was kinda curious why it was like that...is this an improvement over a single split line?

not totally sure about that. First time owning some.

87HONDATRX250X
04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
LOL... I cant answer that question either, and Im sorry for posting off subject.

But here it goes, speaking of brake lines, when I recently bought my +7 swingarm the guy tried to sell me a extended brake line for $50. I figured I find something better and cheaper later on and did!

I was working today and thinking of what to do about my brake line when a add came on the radio for a hose and rubber shop, I called them and later that day I had a BRAND NEW extended brake line with polished ends for $30, and it was right around the corner from my house.

It took them 10 minutes to make, worked out great and looks SWEET. The radio does good things sometimes...lol.

Just figured Id share that.

haha thats awesome man! wish this whole project was working out like that.

riotact
04-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I would check out Summit racing.They have all kind of fittings.Here is one,dont know what size you would need but they do have them for $8.99 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-977514ERL/

87HONDATRX250X
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by riotact
I would check out Summit racing.They have all kind of fittings.Here is one,dont know what size you would need but they do have them for $8.99 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-977514ERL/

do you know if this will fit the 400ex? I live in Canada and have a race coming up so i need it fairly fast. If i have the proper dimensions i can search around more wildly.

riotact
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
I can guess but you would need to double check.I "think" it is either 10mm x 1.25 or 10mm x 1.5 You can get bolts of those sizes and see if it threads easily into your master cylinder.The link I posted is not the correct size,it was just to show you that they do sell them there pretty cheap.