PDA

View Full Version : Case saver breakage, need repair or new case?

beck125
04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
ok just got this 450 heard a crunching noise and thought it was the carrier, needless to say i look down and the case saver top screw slot, or nipple, thats threaded sticking externally out of the case was split like a cheap piece of plastic on a childs toy!!! i will post pics tom at some point, but i need a solution, i aM NOT ridding without it, do i just jb weld it for now? or solder, weld braze? just need opinions on how to solve this without buying a new case side. thanks guys
jordan

MX450
04-18-2011, 07:38 AM
same think happened to mine i just dont have a bolt in there now

Fast470r
04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
buy a moose case saver they slip over the shifter shaft and perfectly mold into the block than put the bolt you have left or you could glue it since you dont have to remove for sprocket changes

xcwes
04-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Fast470r
buy a moose case saver they slip over the shifter shaft and perfectly mold into the block than put the bolt you have left or you could glue it since you dont have to remove for sprocket changes

This was my first thought too. You should actually be fine not even using the top bolt. I actually had to tap mine slightly with a rubber hammer to get it one the whole way. They fit real tight!

mdickerson319
04-19-2011, 06:15 AM
My nephew tried not running a top bolt on his Baldwin saver. Chain came off and drove saver into side cover ripping the pickup off the stator. Make a diferent mount or switch cases, you'll be better of.

Fast470r
04-20-2011, 01:32 AM
That is because the Baldwin is a metal the one i was referring to is the poly with it going over the shifter shaft and the other bolt he would be fine they fit perfectly into the case and would stay tight and like i said if he'd glue it it would not move. The poly case savers absorb chain derailment unlike the ones made of metal. I had to replace my stator case due to this, so i have been there. I will never run one made of metal again!!! Look it up to see how it fits most here will tell you its the best. Just do not ride till you have got something there to protect it. $40 will save you a $1000 headache I had one heck of a time getting my cases DMV makes it a pain.

beck125
04-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Could you post a link to buy one? I can't seem to find it

Scro
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Moose (http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1756&level2=1783&level3=1820&level4=1835&product_group_id=7430&startPage=1)

UPP Racing (http://www.uppracing.com/index.php?cid=114)