PDA

View Full Version : 300ex shocks

Poncho
12-03-2001, 05:14 PM
What are the jumping limits on stock 300ex shocks when you are doing a lander?:confused:

12-03-2001, 05:53 PM
Well I was jumping a 4 foot jump and I bottomed them out. I mean I didnt have much of a landing at all but still they bottomed out. It wasnt that bad but anyway I would say a little more than that is its limit. Just throw a pair of works dual rates on there and you'll be much better.
I may be wrong with what I am saying but that is from what I experianced.

400exRacerX
12-03-2001, 07:01 PM
About 4ft- 4 1/2ft is there limits, my friend has one and I bottom it going any higher then 4 1/2 foot. In my opinion stock 300ex suspension just plain out stinks. Just buy some works dual rates with rezzies and it will be much much better.

Poncho
12-04-2001, 05:30 AM
Are the works dual rates without rezzies worth the price becuase I'll be getting a 400ex in the spring when I start my new job.Oh yeah and I'll be keeping my 300 as an extra bike.Should I get the rezzies?:confused:

12-04-2001, 03:44 PM
well if your getting a new 400ex in the spring the rezzies arnt needed much. I think they help you more in the longrun. If you think you arnt gonna be using your 300 much more than I dont think the rezzies are neccesary.

Poncho
12-04-2001, 05:45 PM
I just completed my new track today and I went on it for the first time, I hit the first double in third pinned it's about 3 foot high and I got about 4 feet air of air and landed it.:D Man it felt like I had no shocks at all.(my knees and ankles are still hurting) I emmidely stoped before I hit the next jump and examed my quad suprisingly nothing was bent or broke.:D I rode back to the house and put it up.:( No more jumping for me until I get some shocks:D

400exRacerX
12-05-2001, 01:46 PM
The rezzies do prevent bottoming alittle more than shocks w/o rezzies. When you have rezzies you have more liquid/gas volume, more volume more bottoming resistance. The rezzies are also for longer more harsh rides (hare scrambles/mx) and keep the shock from fading out.

trueblue450
12-07-2001, 04:11 PM
The limits are all how you land. I take a 65ft table top on stock shocks. Bout 4-5ft high. Its fun to fly. But sometimes you bottom out and some times you smoothly land. Its how you nose is landin. If its pointin somewhat down on the landing its smooth. Just gotta get a feel on it. Im just waitin for my stock shocks to give out and break on that jump. That will be a fun landing.