PDA

View Full Version : battery not charging please help!!!!!!!!!!!

2001 trx400ex
02-18-2003, 06:19 PM
My battery doesnt charge when i am riding my lights last 30-45 min then the battery dies and itn wont startup. I bought a new battery and the resistor and alternator coil is all right. what else could be my problem. i put in a headlight conversion kit so the battery would last longer on my 400ex. plz help.

GNCC#829
02-18-2003, 07:31 PM
What is a headlight conversion kit? Doest it use more power than the stock headlights? If it does, that is your problem. You will need to have your stator rewound.

powerslider
02-18-2003, 07:37 PM
There are many possibilities here, your best option is to buy a manual and follow the diagnostic checks to find the problem. Go over your wiring connections, grounds and the regulator connections, make sure all are connected fully.

2001 trx400ex
02-18-2003, 08:55 PM
I got a manual and i did that. Everything was fine but the battery doesn't last long. and a headlight conversion kit is what you put in place of your stock headlights if you race to drop a couple pounds. Mine is made by SX Racing and i talked to justin Cooper his number is 1-780-892-2498 if you are interested. It costs 59.95 i think. more help needed with the battery.

@Bad465EX
02-18-2003, 09:15 PM
All i can say i check all the connection, make sure there tight, then I'd take the battery out and test it with a regular tester. check the acid in it. even check all of your connectors make sure there isnt a loose wire in one of them

Pappy
02-18-2003, 09:22 PM
you cant check the specific gravity,,,1 its sealed...2....its an agm unit and there is no free electrolyte in the battery.

take the battery out and test it...or have it tested. if the added output for the lights took even a bit more juice from the battery i suspect it just time for a new battery. if the battery checks out id be looking at the stator.

how old is the battery

how long has the battery(or quad) been sitting

do you have a multimeter

sandspanker
02-04-2004, 10:11 PM
:( check your charging regulator by your battery. pull the connector apart there is probley a pin burnt in two. I have seen this twice.both times a pin was burnt in two. check it and get back to us and let us know......;)