PDA

View Full Version : What cylinder Sleeve to get?

trx750gsxr
04-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Got an 86 r looking to buy a 310 sleeve. gonna go with the 87 +4 stroker as well. Any sugestions on where to get the sleeve????

CanuckR
04-16-2011, 08:48 PM
It'll be about the same price as a new ESR cylinder kit if your having the machine work done. Unless you can get the machine work done for cheap. or do it yourself.
North West sleeve might be worth talking to. I know they can make you an aluminum sleeve that you can nikasil plate after. They also do custom sleeves as well.
But if your just looking for the LA sleeve iron sleeve I can't suggest anybody over anybody else.
Derek

atv fan 28
04-16-2011, 10:08 PM
I would go with this kit before i resleeved one. Just make sure it is set up properly.

http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/product_p/310%20cylinder%20kit.htm

snacob14
04-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Off your set on a stock look I have a cylinder that would be a good start. Porting is awesome but I'm having issues getting the head to seal. Needs to be o ringed. Porting is also for mid to top so I bought a used esr since I'm using it for the woods. It has a 310 sleeve in it so it def looks stock until you crack it open. Let me know and I can get you some more info on it

machwon
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I would suggest you do a 4mm with a stock cylinder if you are on a budget. Otherwise, do the stroker crank with a 350 cylinder. The sleeve, installation, piston, porting and head mods on a stock cylinder will cost a much as the new esr kit and honestly they don't run much better than a stock cylinder on the larger bores. Keep in mind ESR likely won't give you a 4mm port job, they will just sell you a thicker spacer plate and be done with it.

265 sleeper
04-19-2011, 09:19 AM
I running a bb stock cylinder on a plus 4 stroker squish at .055-.060 exhaust is cut at 192 degrees to relieve some of that high compression wow that thing was hard to kick over with 182 degrees exhaust and .080 squish clearance . I payed 300 for sleeve piston kit kx or cr head studs base plate extra gasket and a sheet on how to machine your head for 26 cc .then had to turn around and spend 225 on labor shipping and machining my head .020 . Head was already machined for bb . Now that I couldn't keep my compression I have to spend 200 on buying a new piston a copper head gasket and machining a stainless steel oring in the cylinder and a groove cut into head to allow the stainless ring to match up with it . Should have bought a esr 330 kit learn from my mistakes . After I got the bb kit I found a company called kustom kraft Marvin did the work I believe but they sell the kit installed 430-470 . But if you do the math a 330 kit is maybe a lil more but well worth it . Get it ported right and shell fly don't go off esr port inless you related to them. By the way I also did my own porting so it saved me money there . The stock bb needs to breath a lot so major porting need to be done to make them come alive

wilkin250r
04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
And resleeves are kinda sketchy anyways. Not to say they're all bad, because lots of people have run them with success. But they just seem to have more problems than complete aftermarket cylinders.