PDA

View Full Version : need help on rear brakes!!

rabbithuntr14
04-16-2011, 03:17 PM
ok so i have ebc brakes and i took the stock ones off and when i put the ebc's on they seem to be too big and the outer pad is crooked and it wont go straight and when i pump them there is nothing, need help asap! thanks

EXinMB
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
not sure if this helps at all but i was having problems to. i put a new rotor and pads on and when i put the caliper on it wouldn't go on straight i had to tap it on and the rotor was hitting my caliper. i took the caliper off and noticed it was siezed on the slide pins i replaced and greased the pins so the caliper can slide and everything works awesome now

NMills
04-16-2011, 04:12 PM
When you took the caliper off... did you happen to push the piston back in???? and if you did... did you go all the way in??

rabbithuntr14
04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
yup went all the way in and they fit in there good but the gao between the pads isnt big enough for the rotor

NMills
04-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Is the pad still crooked? there may be something haning it up... is the piston completely flush with the housing??? is there something in the bracket that the pad sits in??? they should be straight....

maybe you can post pics? the clearer the better... different angles would be good as well ....

400exmxrider15
04-16-2011, 05:25 PM
take a c clamp and push on the piston unti, you have enough clearance, but make sure not to press the brakes until you are done and are sure everything is 100% correct