PDA

View Full Version : Fair price???

thumperhumper
04-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Sooooooooo..... Unfortunately I have to sell my EX. I love this bike to death but I cant afford it anymore. I just don't know what a good fair price is. The bike is a 2001 400EX. Quite a few little mods, along with some dings and scratches (of course). It has been bored out with a weisco 440 kit, it has +2" out (per side) and forward a-arms (the brand i do not know), works shocks up front, k&n air filter, Big gun race exhaust, eidelbrock carburator, dg front bumper and nerf bars, aftermarket clutch (once again the brand and model escapes me :mad: ), tag t2 bars (a bit bent on one side but not really even noticeable), also the bike has maxxis razer tires front and back, the ones in the back are a bit lean but I have a set of almost new dunlops for the back. Also I have a set of AMS paddles on rims that go with her. A few small things that I have recently done are install new clutch and brake levers, and changed the oil and filter. Now for the not so good. The front right rim has a pretty little ding, but doesn't affect the balance or the tires ability to hold air the same tire has a slow leak (not related to the rim in any way.) The battery is in need of replacement but I'll get on that before I sell it, also I'll get some new unbent bars for it before she goes.

So, now the question... What do you guys think she's worth? Overall she's a pretty clean girl, Im the 2nd owner and have not ridden more than 25 hours in the last 2 years. I was hoping to get about $2500 but I'm not sure anymore.

Thanks guys!

82toyota
04-16-2011, 12:06 AM
i would start at 3,000 obo....money talk.....bs walk

supertrooper90
04-16-2011, 11:05 AM
It kinda depends on where your located. I live in new jersey. around here i think you could expect to see 2200-2500. It looks pretty clean. The 450's on C L are still up in the 3000-3500 range so that keeps the ex's price up a little bit. If you start out too hi thats fine but expect to sit on it for a while

honda400ex2003
04-16-2011, 11:14 AM
2200-2500 around here also. start at 3 and go from there if someone is interested.

cash is the main thing that they need to have, if they have some cash in hand, they have some play room to negotiate around here.

I bought a sled and had the cash ready in hand, he took what i wanted to give him for it since i was the only one looking for that sled. he sat on it for quite a while before i finally got it from him for what i wanted to pay and thought it was worth.

mods to me, mean nothing except problems possibly in the future. unless i can talk to him about the parts he has, im probably gonna walk away from it, knowing what you have is important. I would suggest finding out what you have on it before selling.

stevce

supertrooper90
04-16-2011, 01:01 PM
yeah thats a good point. Idk how many times ive walked away from something cause they aren't well versed in what they have. I like to know details, details, details. I also wouldnt even worry about taking care of the bars. just take alittle off the price and let it be the new owners problem.