PDA

View Full Version : Factory yamaha

rf928
04-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Can someone please help me understand this all. What is happening to Thomas brown?? It seems he is doing horribly in 2011. Is he a true factory rider like bill ballance?

And also, what is nelson94 racing with dustin and josh row?

1 last thing. If anyone with authority can hear this, please make a Japanese (or KTM) 250f quad. The raptor has reached it's limit for me.

maxamillion
04-15-2011, 11:16 PM
i have no idea why they are having so many motor issues on thomas's quad. it doesnt help yamahas sales on the 450 since there are so few of them at nationals in the first place. makes me wonder what is going on... id just like to see him cross the finish line consistently.

OutlawBill
04-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by rf928
Can someone please help me understand this all. What is happening to Thomas brown?? It seems he is doing horribly in 2011. Is he a true factory rider like bill ballance?

And also, what is nelson94 racing with dustin and josh row?

Dustin Nelson and Josh Row are both riding YFZ450R. Nelson is a better MX racer and multi Quad X Champion and won the first race in QuadX this year. Josh Row is a up and coming young racer. He was 3rd last year in WORCS and is a better WORCS racer than MX. Josh will get better in MX with Nelson help and more seat time on the YFZ450R. At the last D-38 race Josh was flying on the Yamaha and won both the sigle and team race's

rf928
04-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Thank you. Now I know who Josh row is.

One more thing, what about thomas brown caught yamaha's eye? I mean, he doesnt seem to be doing that well. There were many other riders they could have picked. Why did they get him? And why did They let pat brown go?

THARNESS
04-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Thomas has been on Yamaha's ever since he went to a 450. He won the Pro-Am Production class a few years back on a Yamaha and was also the AMA/ATVA pro rookie of the year. He consistantly had better finishes than Pat and I guess with the downturn in the economy Yamaha couldn't keep both. This year they have a new engine builder and they have struggled trying to max out power without sacrificing realibility. I do belive they are getting closer. He just finished 3rd in moto one today so I belive they have picked the right rider they just need to get a more reliable engine in his quad.

rf928
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Where can i see the results? the forum on here isnt working for me

tjsdaname
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Where can i see the results? the forum on here isnt working for me

http://www.escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2011/class.asp?s=&c=&e=4

rf928
04-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Thank you everyone. I really wanted to know this. I am a die hard yamaha fan, and I LOOOVVVVEEEE Thomas and Pat brown.

Thanks for the info

Ryley,
2-time canadian national champion

TWISTED
04-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by THARNESS
Thomas has been on Yamaha's ever since he went to a 450. He won the Pro-Am Production class a few years back on a Yamaha and was also the AMA/ATVA pro rookie of the year. He consistantly had better finishes than Pat and I guess with the downturn in the economy Yamaha couldn't keep both. This year they have a new engine builder and they have struggled trying to max out power without sacrificing realibility. I do belive they are getting closer. He just finished 3rd in moto one today so I belive they have picked the right rider they just need to get a more reliable engine in his quad.

He also has the INFAMOUS Paul Turner as his mechanic....... Good seeing him back on the scene!!!!!