PDA

View Full Version : Leatt for small child

Doug10
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I just got Austin the Leatt in a Small from local store. I adjusted it down as small as I could get it, but it still seems to not sit on him right. There continues to be about 1/2" gab between the back piece and his back and the back keeps wanting to ride down low. I even tried it with the chest strap and that seems to want to keep kickin it back on his neck so that the front rides up and the back rides down. Anyone else find this problem? His chest measures around 20.5-21 so hes right there at the size window for it. Im tempted to take it back and look for something that fits a little better but ill hang in there for now. I read in the book that i could put the front on the outside of his chest protector but i'm not keen on that idea. Anyone else run into a similar issue?

The model is the ADVenture or whatever it is called.

EthansDad
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey,

I'd call Leatt directly on this as they know best how their product can best protect your child. I wouldn't want to place any guesses there. I do recall though they make a couple of models and their lower end one is less adjustable. ours fit our kid when he was 4, but he was big for 4. we've never had a fitment problem, again I'd call leatt and see what they have to say.

-EA

Doug10
04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
I finally got it figured out, now the hunt for the Small chest protector that fits it pretty decent. I was told the Pee Wee RXR works great so thats what we are leaning twords.

rd2005
04-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Great Pic! You go little man! :D

jake55
04-21-2011, 07:26 AM
check out HRP SPORTS.

we use thier chest protecter with the leat brace. they fit well together and so far my son has not complained any about them moving around while he is riding. prices are reasonable.