PDA

View Full Version : Wont start

4WheelinDemon
04-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I started it up and let it warm up. after a couple minutes i jumped on and started off. i got to the end of my drive way and was about to pull out and then it died on me. I pushed it back and tried to start it again(jump it because i have no battery yet) and when i hooked it up i hit the electric start and sounds like the starter just keeps spinning and spinning. there is zero compression. the starter spins way faster than normal. the whole electrical system works now(thanks to my recent post). but all the wires and everything works, its just that it has zero compression now. help?

DragonGunner
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
1. valve clearance too small
2. valve stuck open
3. worn cylinder an piston rings
4. damaged cylinder head gasket
5. siezed valve
6. improper valve timing

Scro
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Even with low compression, you should be feeling something coming out of the exhaust while cranking. If you're not feeling anything at all, I would check your starter clutch.

4WheelinDemon
04-15-2011, 01:47 PM
im not totally sure if there is something comin out of the exhaust. look, i have it in 1st gear right? not holding in the clutch and i can push it as easy as if it were in neutral. i dont get it....i put so much work into this thing and all i wanna do is just get on and ride it :/
i already ordered...

a whole new entire set of wiseco valves, brand new .040 over Namura piston kit with all new gaskets, wiseco heavy duty timing chain, stage 2 hotcam, new valve seals, and i might order black diamond springs.

4WheelinDemon
04-15-2011, 01:49 PM
got to go. work in five minutes haha. ill be back on at 11 (7 hours from this time now)

sheweezy
04-15-2011, 07:25 PM
sounds like valves, put your four valve covers off and look, could have just broke a cotter and valve is staying open...

4WheelinDemon
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Haha i found out what was wrong. The timing chain totally snapped. Any suggestions on why it might have snapped? Or is it just that it was to worn away?

01boneless
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
how new is the chain if its new it shouldent just snap??

4WheelinDemon
04-18-2011, 08:30 PM
It was OEM and the kid before me was cruel to this machine lol so in other words, it was beat up a bit. But for only 550 i figured why not since the kn filter was on it and the duel exhuast that runs dam near 1000 was well worth it alone. Also came with itp alum wheels and new swamp fox rear tires.