PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear when riding?

87HONDATRX250X
04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Just wondering what every one all wears while riding or practice.

vinson581
04-14-2011, 07:26 PM
gloves, helmate, goggles, pressure suit, jersey, riding pants, knee gaurds, and tech 8 boots

track all the above. + a leatt brace.

CJM
04-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I dont race, just woods/trails:
Plain old jeans, sweatshirt, workboots, gloves and helmet. Has worked fine for me for ages and isnt insanely $$$ like MX gear is. Downside is my clothes get dirty, but they are old junk anyways.

I dont wear riding boots b/c I cant stand them, find them very uncomfortable.

If your gonna race then Id spring for a good set of MX gear tho.

dave07ex
04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I only ride woods and trails. I wear an old pair of duty boots and bdu pants and some form of a longsleeve shirt. Riding gloves and helmet (duh). I also carry a small backpack with basic first aid stuff, tire repair kit, knife, water and food.

2001400exrida
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
old jeans, old shirt, work boots, gloves, helmet, goggles. sometimes a backpack.

boots and chest protectors will save your life though, i get a little rowdy sometimes in the woods and start bouncing off trees.....a chest proctor would be nice in case i get speared haha.

01boneless
04-14-2011, 08:41 PM
hey justin hahah i just wear pants cause i cant stand riding pants lol and boots gogles jersey(somtimes) gloves and most important helment. another good thing to have is a chest protecter and a neck brace .

IMSROLL450R
04-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Speedo and stick on tattoos. Go big or go to bed alone.....

yellow02400ex
04-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I ride woods only old work boots, dickies/old jeans, tshirt, gloves, helmet, goggles, and a chest protector. Chest protector is the best money I have spent, if you ride with anyone on a dirt bike going over woops you'll find yourself catching rocks in the chest.

finsteratv
04-14-2011, 09:55 PM
i use to just wear whatever i'd wear logging/hunting,,pretty much whats tough. logging boots,gloves,goggles,helmet,long sleeve, logging pants,carhart sometimes.
BUT NOW

i have full 2010 MSR rockstar gear with alpinestar tech 9 boots, one of the thor body armour things, kidney belt HELPS ALOT WITH LONG ROUGH RIDES,spy goggles,fox gloves. i love this setup and when i get hot i can zip off the bottom part of my pants for dunes. ALSO a small backpack that has a strap on my chest and stomach to stay in place on jumps......

when i trail build it's old school or when im play riding but now that i get into those endurance all day rides wwith dirtbikes too(AND KEEP UP) i like having full gear and protection. if i get hot i just go faster :devil:

im trying boxer rides this summer though :devil:

Pipeless416
04-14-2011, 10:36 PM
on the left...+ helmet and gloves of course. this is actually my brothers jersey and pants. i have alloy and shift pants with several jerseys.

87HONDATRX250X
04-15-2011, 05:22 PM
How many people use the kidney belts? Any pros cons to them? Was also looking at some good knee guards. Any good suggestions there? Crashed enough to know landing your knee cap on that 1 rock really sucks and makes for a long day of riding.

jzexrider
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Nothin better than riding a wheelie in boxers with yer cheeks hangin out!

honda400ex2003
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
i ride with my helmet, a hoodie or jersey, riding pants, boots, and gloves most of the time.

I dont get nuts on the trails but always like to be equipped with a helmet for that time of problems if it arises.

If i am at home, i will ride in shoes and general clothes without gloves and a helmet if i am riding for more than a couple of minutes around the yard.

steve

400exmxrider15
04-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I race MX and ride trails some.... I wear:
2011 Answer Syncron Jersey and pants
Fox Dirtpaw gloves
MSR VX ATV boots
Fox V1 Pilot helmet
Fox Chest protector
EVS RC EVO neckbrace

BenHonda400ex
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM
I ride woods but I wear racing boot's, my setup is MSR pant's and jersey, fox racing gloves, helmet (duh!), Uh scott goggles, and A.R.C racing boots. I don't know if it's not because I don't have heel guards but last weekend I rode without my racing boots and it feels awkward, not that much support.

CJM
04-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
I don't know if it's not because I don't have heel guards but last weekend I rode without my racing boots and it feels awkward, not that much support.

I pretty much refuse to ride any bike without nerf bars on it, after having almost run over my foot or slipping off the peg a few times, heck no!

BenHonda400ex
04-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I pretty much refuse to ride any bike without nerf bars on it, after having almost run over my foot or slipping off the peg a few times, heck no! No I have nerf bars! It's just the racing boots don't let my ankles bend as much. I love my nerf bars alot!

CJM
04-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
No I have nerf bars! It's just the racing boots don't let my ankles bend as much. I love my nerf bars alot!

Ah I think got ya? You dont have the kind with kickups do ya or soemthing?

BenHonda400ex
04-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Ah I think got ya? You dont have the kind with kickups do ya or soemthing? I think I have kickup work boots, they go past my ankle. It's awkward wearing work boots, it's like telling Forest Gump to change his ping pong paddle! :D

erik420
04-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I ride trails and pits. I wear a bell helmet and goggles. Fox pants, jersey, boots, gloves, and kidney belt. A vega chest protecter. A moose racing pack bag strapped to the back of my chest protecter with first aid items, beef jerky,water, and tp. On all day rides I use a camel pack for my water.

Erik

jake"08"400
04-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I normally just wear whatever I have on for the day lol. Which is normally some sort of boots are shoes pants are shorts a t shirt unless it's cold and some gloves and my helmet if I plan on getting crazy.

Nac's22
04-17-2011, 10:47 AM
For MX I have 4 different sets of gear. To anyone in the market for new MX boots, spend the extra money on Alpinestars Tech 8's, greatest boots I've ever worn. I'm hit and miss with a chest protector on the track. If its rocky I'll wear it but generally I don't. I stay cooler and can ride faster for longer without it. Something else I have that I love are a set of HRP knee guards. I've worn holes in the knees of all my riding pants, the next day the sides of my knees would be bruised and bloody but ever since wearing these, no more of that. Last thing that I love is my Leatt brack, although I liked it more when it was for looks rather then when I actually finally tested it. If I'm going for a trail ride with my family or something I just wear whatever I have on which is usually a t shirt, jeans, and work boots along with my helmat goggles and gloves. Although when I go mess around in the trails with my friends I wear all my racing gear because we tend to get a little wild like we do when we are racing MX, beating and banging on eachother and stuff, always wear a chest protector, too many rocks, branches, sticks, and other things in the woods that can stick you.

87HONDATRX250X
04-17-2011, 11:39 AM
pretty much what i do. I only got 2 sets of gear tho. Old pair for those really muddy days and a nicer pair for hot days. Got a bulky chest protect i wanna replace with the newer style ones made by Thor with skinny shoulder straps and no arm straps. Leatt brace and alpinestar tech 8 boots. Helmet and gloves. In the market for some good knee guards.

Nac's22
04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
87HONDATRX250X- These are what I use, my friend gave them to me because they were too big for them. Not expencive and great performance.
http://www.hrpsports.com/MotocrossOffroad/tabid/350/CategoryID/11/List/1/SortField/1/Level/a/ProductID/40/Default.aspx

They only list the youth ones now for some reason so maybe try the newer version of them.

87HONDATRX250X
04-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Nac's22
87HONDATRX250X- These are what I use, my friend gave them to me because they were too big for them. Not expencive and great performance.
http://www.hrpsports.com/MotocrossOffroad/tabid/350/CategoryID/11/List/1/SortField/1/Level/a/ProductID/40/Default.aspx

They only list the youth ones now for some reason so maybe try the newer version of them.

hmmm i was looking at some of the fox and thor ones. Dont wanna order online. Prefer trying stuff on. What does every one think of the body type belt things.