Woz
02-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Shock photos from a 2003 Suzuki Z400.

Woz
02-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Same photo different resolution/closer.

Sparks425Ex
02-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Those are pretty sweet. How Much for a set of Front LTs fora 400Ex?

Woz
02-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Front.
$1450/pr with adj comp and reb., threaded adjustable cross-over rings, 5/8 shaft, High flow blue hoses, triple rate springs, Threaded adjustable pre-load (no Pre-load/SAG type)

$1350 without adj compression

Rear
$985 Dual spring, Comp/Reb adj. threaded adjustable cross-overs, Threaded adjustable pre-load (No-Pre-load / SAG set-up) 5/8 shaft

Both
Set up for your weight and riding type. Shocks are available in custom lengths. Both front and rears have triple shaft seals. All rezzies have Internal floating pistons (NO Bladders). Spherical Teflon heims at top and bottom of front and rear shocks.

Quadfather
02-18-2003, 06:44 PM
They certainly look nice.

Juggalo
02-18-2003, 06:46 PM
just plain beautiful...

Dave400ex
02-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Man them are a piece of art. I saw the Duncan Z400 in the new ATV Sport has your shocks on them, but they didn't say much about them...

Guy400
02-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Hmm, it's hard to tell anything from the angle you took those pics from. Maybe you should send me a set for free and I'll take some more pics:D

wyndzer
02-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Those are some cool shocks, but rule number 8 is a real kicker so be carefull.

02-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Woz
Front.
$1450/pr with adj comp and reb., threaded adjustable cross-over rings, 5/8 shaft, High flow blue hoses, triple rate springs, Threaded adjustable pre-load (no Pre-load/SAG type)

$1350 without adj compression

is there a reason for having only rebound adjustment or both bc most shocks have only compression adjustment or both? Thanks

Woz
02-18-2003, 08:03 PM
My understanding is that most shock companies will leave the rebound adjusters off of their shocks (on some models) to make room for more travel. Our rebound adjuster is very compact, and allows our shocks to have more travel than another shock of the same length.

Also, Compression adjusters are not really "good" adjusters. Internal valving changes are always better than compensating for poor valving with adjusters. Most people use the compression adjusters to control bottoming. This is the wrong use. Comp adjusters adjust compression speed. If you crank them down to keep from bottoming, you often ruin your ride across the board. If you put a stiffer spring, or in our case move your cross-over rings, you can avoid bottoming, and still have a fast shaft speed that will give you a smooth/plush ride.

Sooooo...
You should have plenty of adjustment available with the reb/cross-overs, and really, don't need the compression adjuster too much.

Don't be confused though. If you want one, we do offer them, and they are more effective than most other adjusters (They have a very broad range), but I personally don't run one.

ridered03
02-18-2003, 08:40 PM
man them are some nice shocks, what is the rezzie hose made out of???

Woz
02-18-2003, 08:44 PM
It's a high flow hose like the ones used on Off-Road Race Cars. It's actually made of two layers of steel braid, and two layers of rubber. Then there is a "textile" blue braid around the whole thing.

Combined with the heavy duty fittings, and it's larger size, the hose system flows really well, and it's also incredibly tough.

Dave400ex
02-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Will any top Pro's be running your shocks in GNC or GNCC?

racerx573
02-19-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm guessing the reb. adjuster is a screw type one?

racerx573
02-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Can you get a discounted price if you get a front set and rear package?

QuadTrix6
02-19-2003, 02:38 PM
i hope they ride as nice as they look

Woz
02-19-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm guessing the reb. adjuster is a screw type one?

I'm not sure what you are referring to by "screw type", But I don't think so. It's a knob, it's just very compact.

Will any top Pro's be running your shocks in GNC or GNCC?

Right now, Pro sponsorship is difficult. There are a few companies (one in particular) that are really pushing their product to the pros. Our shocks are already on the expensive side. I don't want my customers to have to cover the cost of a big pro sponsorship program, so I'm not going to be paying anyone to ride them. I do have a few guys interested though, and if all goes well, YES... You should see them out there soon.

No confusion...
We DO want to work with some talented racers, and are looking closeley at all resumes we recieve. I'd just rather help out racers at all different levels than have to bend over backwards to work with a big name pro that is only riding them for what he gets out of the deal.

Thanks for all the feed back.

nick23
02-19-2003, 07:48 PM
hook me up man....(80 footer)

surfer
02-19-2003, 10:55 PM
i can attest to YES THEY WORK JUST AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK!

My Motowoz/TBR setup (www.geocities.com/readygoracing/suspension.html)

racerx573
02-19-2003, 11:52 PM
By the screw type. I was referring to the type used on many OEM rear shocks, and Elka now uses this on their rears.

racerx573
02-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Are you offering any type of sponsorships??

Woz
02-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Yes,
We are very interested in working with talented racers who have a good attitude and could be a positive (professional) representative for our company at the track.

If you are interested, feel free to send a resume. The address is on our website.

Be as detailed as possible, and tell us what you are looking for. Be realistic.

AC 400 ex 02
02-20-2003, 05:12 AM
those shocks look sweet..and they work good..sweet deal

J25
02-20-2003, 03:26 PM
id like to get my hands on a pair

Dave400ex
02-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Surfer's setup looks awesome.

Team Country
02-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Guys,
If any of you are going to be at the GNCC races stop by and see me. Hopefully I'll have mine by Georgia or North Carolina at the latest. I can't wait. I'll be in a white box van with a blue stripe on the bottom, (10A) on the winshield. I'll be running stock class so they won't have rezzies but you guys can get an idea of the workmanship in these shocks. Thanks Woz for all of the helpful info and working with me in the professional manner you have. Good luck in the BITD.

lil'redrocket
02-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Those are nice but do you think they will compete with these?:eek:

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Sweet shocks, but high priced especially for a company new to the atv scene. Usually companies have low prices at first, and slowly raise their price as their company gains popularity. That is what elka did. You use to be able to get a set of elkas for the price of a pair of works, not anymore now that everyone knows their name.

MX26
02-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
Sweet shocks, but high priced especially for a company new to the atv scene. Usually companies have low prices at first, and slowly raise their price as their company gains popularity. That is what elka did. You use to be able to get a set of elkas for the price of a pair of works, not anymore now that everyone knows their name.

Don't go there. This is a good thread, no need to ruin it.:rolleyes:

Team Country
02-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Big D,
Company may be new but seeing where your from,you know (or should) know Woz has been racing atv's for awhile. Your opinion, cool. Don't buy now. Buy 'em later.

surfer
02-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Surfer's setup looks awesome.

Thanks WarrioMan, I just now picked up the rear shock, and will post photos HOPEFULLY, before i leave for Adelanto tonight...if i ever get outta town tonight! fromt he looks of things, its gonna be a smooth ride this weekend :)

Dave400ex
02-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Did you get the fully adjustable shocks front and rear?

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 07:48 PM
I want a set don't get me wrong and will eventually get a set from them, I just wish they were cheaper. It works out better for my wallet that way.

surfer
02-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Well, I just put on the rear shock and rode around a little bit...OMG! with my 23" XCT's on for the adelanto GP, turning on asphault was a big concern of mine, the rear shock made the bike "squat" alot more, and we lowered the ride height of hte front. I took it up and down the road, and did some real high speed 45's and 90 degree turns, the whole bike is just staying planted! I havent gotten to take it off any big jumps yet, but the rear feels great over the little 20ft doubles i have in my yard. The big test will be when i put my holeshot MX's back on and rail it around at the El Cajon SX track. the 65ft triple in the middle of the track doesn't lie when it tells you how well your suspension works. Expect photos and story on that test next comming monday night/tuesday. Well, now to the good stuff, im gonna go take photos of this thing. I'll let you all know when i get them up on the website

Castor-426ex
02-20-2003, 10:09 PM
hey woz why dont you help exriders out on the project quad?

Woz
02-20-2003, 10:12 PM
I'd love to, If they decide to put my shocks on that thing, I'd be stoked. I'd do my best to help them out too.

Chef
02-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey Woz, do you make any shocks, or will you, that would work in a TT Racing situation?

Woz
02-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Yes, No problem...

surfer
02-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Alright guys! Photos of the rear are up! check em out! I'll chat with everyone monday and let you know how they handled the Adelanto GP. WISH ME LUCK!

Click here to see the Motowoz/burgards rearend (http://www.geocities.com/readygoracing/suspension5.html)

Big - D Racing
02-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Hey surfer how do you ride at the el cajon mx track? It is for dirtbikes only. I know quads have been on it, but I thought they have to rent it out, which is expensive as hell. I've been there a few times, and I don't recall a 65 foot triple, maybe i'm wrong. If you got hook ups on that track for quads i'll come out and ride with you anytime. I live in Santee.

surfer
02-21-2003, 12:53 AM
let me tell you brother, your in luck.... Im the guy that puts MX together at el cajon for quads. I just happened to have talked the owner into letting me rent the track once, and i ended up having 60 of my friends come out to ride. He was so impressed he asked me to make an official first quad night, and we had OVER 80 quads show up and over 300 Spectators...so guess what...suddenly quads matter. I have now talked him into a whole YEAR schedule. We are suppose to have the next practice this comming Monday, but i think he cancelled it and is shooting for March to be the kickoff date....here is a copy of the schelude, if you have any questions, or need any further info, feel free to contact me. my email is matt515@hotmail.com, or call 619-665-7695 (btw im in alpine). Come up and let me know who you are next time your out there. im on the white/black LTZ #13 with Motowoz/TBR suspension. Lookin forward to seein you out there, be sure to tell your friends...ITS A BLAST!

Matt Clark

Copies of the schedule can be obtained at TBR Products, Duncan Racing, MotoCross, Alba Action Sports, Motoworld of El Cajon, Quinsey Powersports, Veys, Ricky Stator, Scribbs, and El Centro Cycle

March -10th,24th
April-7th,21st
May-5th, 26th
June-2nd, 16th
July-7th, 28th
August- 1st, 25th
September-8th, 22nd
October-6th, 20th
November-10th, 17th
December-15th

Big - D Racing
02-21-2003, 01:05 AM
YEs, i've been waiting for that. When they first started I was talking to one of the owners and with Duncan Racing about starting a quad night. The owner was telling us the only way he would do it, if we could guaantee at least 50 quads to show up. Even with the help of Duncan we still couldn't do it. So I just gave up. Glad to see he is finally changing his mine. I will be there when it starts. I have yellow and red Duncan Racing 440ex #90.

Big - D Racing
02-21-2003, 01:21 AM
Hey Surfer I sent you a pm.

surfer
02-21-2003, 01:21 AM
yeah, the track owner is a little sketchy...but im glad we have a place to ride at thats close to home. all the duncan guys know everything about the practices, and they know who i am and how to get in contact with me. I'll see you out there next practice, 5pm to 9pm. give me feedback if you have any suggestions on how i can make the practice nights better

Woz
02-21-2003, 01:59 AM
Surfer... You've got to get to Adelanto...

Dave400ex
02-21-2003, 06:03 PM
That rear shock looks very nice. After reading stuff on here and seeing them in ATV Sport I would run those shocks in a heartbeat, but don't have near that kind of money without some serious help. Only thing on that rear though, isn't that rezzy hose a little short?

Woz
02-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
That rear shock looks very nice. After reading stuff on here and seeing them in ATV Sport I would run those shocks in a heartbeat, but don't have near that kind of money without some serious help. Only thing on that rear though, isn't that rezzy hose a little short?

I'm not sure what picture your referring to with the short rezzy hose... We make our own hoses in house. I make most of them myself. they can be as long as you would like. I have lenghts I use for all the common bikes... 400ex, z400, Raptor, etc... I found them buy just mounting the shocks on the bike and making the hose long enough to comfortably reach the mounting position.

Dave400ex
02-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Surfer posted a link of his rear shock and the line was short, but since you can do any length that would be perfect...

New-400ex_guy
02-22-2003, 02:54 AM
do you make just tripple rates without rezzies for use non mx, huge jumpers who would like a plush ride in the dunes. :D. if so how much.

MX26
02-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by New-400ex_guy
do you make just tripple rates without rezzies for use non mx, huge jumpers who would like a plush ride in the dunes. :D. if so how much.

You should probably go ahead and opt for rezzies. They help everywhere, even trails. The reason they are even beneficial is that the rezzy helps keep the shock cool. Big air heats a shock up almost as quickly as regular riding... If there is any "regular riding":D

Woz
02-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by New-400ex_guy

No, the only non reservoir shocks we make are for stock classes of racing that don't allow them. We have developed a way to separate the nitrogen from the fluid inside the shock body, so these shocks work very similar to our rezzy shocks.

Nitrogen seperation is the main advantage to rezzy shocks. Cooling can be a benefit too, but it's not as crucial as many people think. Your shock shouldn't run that hot if everything is working well, and it has to get VERY hot to cause a problem.

Most non rezzy shocks just mix the shock fluid with the nitrogen. Through use, this turns into a foamy "emulsion". Emulsion shocks usually never offer the valving control of a normal shock that seperates the two. This seperation normally takes place in the rezzy via a bladder, or floating piston. We use a floating piston.

We have developed a system for the stock class racers that seperates the nitrogen and fluid in the shock body. We have also been able to reduce the heat produced by the shock in this set-up as well. It works really well, but it's not really something you would want to do unless you were competing in a class that forces you to do so. It's not really a cost saving thing.

Team Country
02-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Woz
No, the only non reservoir shocks we make are for stock classes of racing that don't allow them. We have developed a way to separate the nitrogen from the fluid inside the shock body, so these shocks work very similar to our rezzy shocks.

Nitrogen seperation is the main advantage to rezzy shocks. Cooling can be a benefit too, but it's not as crucial as many people think. Your shock shouldn't run that hot if everything is working well, and it has to get VERY hot to cause a problem.

Most non rezzy shocks just mix the shock fluid with the nitrogen. Through use, this turns into a foamy "emulsion". Emulsion shocks usually never offer the valving control of a normal shock that seperates the two. This seperation normally takes place in the rezzy via a bladder, or floating piston. We use a floating piston.

We have developed a system for the stock class racers that seperates the nitrogen and fluid in the shock body. We have also been able to reduce the heat produced by the shock in this set-up as well. It works really well, but it's not really something you would want to do unless you were competing in a class that forces you to do so. It's not really a cost saving thing.

Word!!!!! Good job on the website upgrade! Thanks again!