PDA

View Full Version : Got some noise

Fast470r
04-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Ok so i was riding through the creek and lost my transmission oil cap shut it off as soon as i seen it loaded up and got it home noticed very little water in the trans seemed like it had quite a bit of oil it still shifts and drives ok but is making a lot of noise could it be the clutch i havent looked at it yet but will when a nice day presents itself. I guess what i need to know can a groved basket cause a noise like a whinning noise.

DnB_racing
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
more then likely its your clutch plates making the noise but get that water out now!!!!! before it rusts something... pick up some cheap rotella oil, its going to take a few changes and flushes to get all the water out,but do it RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Fast470r
04-14-2011, 08:27 PM
thanks but i did as soon as i got home theirs no way i would ride it like that like i said very little water came out as i was draining it. I run honda 85w red transmission fluid im going to pull the clutches and check for unusual ware.the second time their was no water.

Fast470r
04-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Actually glad to get such a serious answer. As luck would have it i had another plug on hand when i was changing the oil their just wasnt enough time in the day to disassemble the clutch man i hope thats it do not want to buy yet another trans but if i do at least this time i tore it up ha ha. If i do end up tearing it down i had talked to Chad at DRG about treating the gears to make them stronger and about getting some ceramic bearings just hope i dont have to now. kind of made me sick to have this kind of money into it and their might be a serious problem. I am already looking into a new hinson steel basket and crf clutches to do away with the judder spring.

eastside 400
04-15-2011, 04:14 PM
run some rotella 15w40 white bottle through it, drain it atleast twice with this stuff, if it is clutch noise, the rotella will take care of it.

Fast470r
04-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I always ran rotella in my fire bird Comp cams want you to run it with flat tappet cams cause the additives how about i run regular 15-40 clutch and t6 in the blue bottle motor.

ss440ex
04-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Check the counter balancer bearing also...

Fast470r
04-18-2011, 02:22 PM
I will try the oil first and if that dont fix it im going to send it to chad.