PDA

View Full Version : billet brake pedal I.D.*****HINSON maybe?????

trx250racer
04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
so i have this brake pedal, and i am not sure who made it. i compared it to 2 esr pedals that i have and they are different. even tho they do show some similar characteristics.

notice it has a stainless steel foot rest.
Hinson maybe????
can someone post a pic of there Hinson pedal just so i can see what they look like... even if it does not look like this one. thanks!!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j438/TRX250RACER/nerfs001.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j438/TRX250RACER/nerfs002.jpg

danhung11
04-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Heres a pic of my Hinson, it appears yours is the same. Curious, is that garage floor paint durable?

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1678.jpg

trx250racer
04-13-2011, 10:53 PM
thanks Dan. yeah thats what i thought, but this pedal is not branded anywhere. i notice yours says Hinson right across the front. right???

the floor paint is a 2 part epoxy that i just did over the weekend. first time i ever use it. a buddy has done it to 2 of his houses now. the first one he was at for about 5 years and it held up really well. i like the fact that it doesnt stain as easy as bare concrete, so any time i get a oil leak or something i can wipe clean.

trx250racer
04-13-2011, 11:08 PM
brake pedal is for sale anyone interested, make me an offer. thanks

danhung11
04-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by trx250racer
thanks Dan. yeah thats what i thought, but this pedal is not branded anywhere. i notice yours says Hinson right across the front. right???

the floor paint is a 2 part epoxy that i just did over the weekend. first time i ever use it. a buddy has done it to 2 of his houses now. the first one he was at for about 5 years and it held up really well. i like the fact that it doesnt stain as easy as bare concrete, so any time i get a oil leak or something i can wipe clean.

Yes, it says Hinson. If you look closer at yours - it appears it was smoothed down at some point. The edges are a little bit more round and it has a different finish at the front vs the rear. My front lever piece with the teeth, is actually aluminum.

I'd be interested to know how that floor reacts to racegas being spilt, or perhaps some carb cleaner over spray. I bought this Behr garage/concrete paint for this steel table I have in the garage that weighs about 400lbs. I'd also be interested to know how the coating golds up to dragging an ATV stand across it with a quad loaded.

socal
04-14-2011, 08:27 AM
PM sent about brake pedal. I will chime in on the garage floor paint.I have spilt race gas,very small amount and it wiped rite up.After 3 years the only wear spots are where the car is in and out.Dragging the aluminum quad stand only left marks where there was dirt on the floor and that was minor.Preperation of the floor is key.I would recommend a good pressure washing.I also regret not rolling it on thicker.It layes down really easy,the pain is clearing out the garage to get it done! Its def. worth doing,so much nicer than regular porous concrete!

trx250racer
04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
i used the Rustoleum kit. the buddy that has done these before says he likes this kit better. and yes preperation is key. you have leave that floor to where you can almost eat off of it. there is an instructional dvd with the kit shows you a step by step process. its a 2 man job. you only get about an hour or so to lay the paint before it hardens.
the paint cakes on pretty good. so i dont thinkn it will peel that easy.