PDA

View Full Version : rear fender brace

jtalleman
04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
anybody have some good ideas on how to brace the rear fenders a bit mine are startgin to get floppy

camaromitch
04-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Well bracing them is going to suck if you lay it over, but we did it too so here's how we did.

Go buy a fiberglassing kit from Wal Mart and take the fenders off and lay them upside down. Take some sand paper and scuff up where it bends and then lay down some fiberglass mat over it and put the resin on it. When the stuff dries it is very hard, strong, and brittle. You could even spray some paint on it just to help it blend in and that will take most all of the flex out, plus it's almost completely hidden.

01boneless
04-13-2011, 06:27 PM
i took some metal carpet strips cut them down to about 12 inches a pieace then drilled holes in each end of the brackets and drilled a hole under the seat and one on the tip of the plastic and bolted them down it works great and is not noticable at all ill post pic tomarrow !!

DragonGunner
04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Behind the seat I put a 1/2" half round bar that goes across underneathe, this supports the rear fenders, keeps them much more rigid when mud starts getting on. The only thing you see is a few flat screws an washers on the top side.