PDA

View Full Version : QuadWars-MonsterJam

Crazy lil punk
04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
anyone know how to get in on the racing in the shows? Do they still take local riders? I know a few people on here have done it before. Please let me know.
thanks, Joe

fastredrider44
04-13-2011, 04:45 PM
If you like rigged racing, go for it. It's cool to be next to the big trucks in the pits. Check the local fourwheeler shops. They usually put up a flyer looking for riders.

Crazy lil punk
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
If you like rigged racing, go for it. It's cool to be next to the big trucks in the pits. Check the local fourwheeler shops. They usually put up a flyer looking for riders.

I dont mind the rigged part at all, i do enough of the real racing too haha. I just always thought quad wars was cool as hell as a little kid, and now that i actually race quads, i figured it would be cool to make my dream come true haha.

IdahoMX
04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Its a great time to play on your atv in front of a huge crowd. I have done it and been involved with it for a few years and would do it again in a heartbeat. When it comes around to your area you can usually go to the rear pit areas and ask for the head of the quad wars guy and work your way in from there.

Crazy lil punk
04-25-2011, 05:32 PM
bump, i know there are guys on here who have done the Philly show before, hook me up, please.

Honda4life05
04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm hoping to do it this friday, at the I-wireless center in moline ill. My buddy knows a guy

Crystylephoto
04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I would also try to check with the president of your district or area motocross series. Howard Payne helps out a lot at the ones near us in Hartford, CT and his son Dave is usually in them and my friend Tony used to get invited to do them all the time, worked out nice because they give you free tickets for friends and family as lame as it can be haha! It was always a little weird watching stock 400's beating Tony and Dave's built race bikes, but the kids love it!

Crazy lil punk
05-11-2011, 11:36 PM
comeoneee. no one knows the local head honcho around here?

Wired
05-12-2011, 08:40 AM
If you do it show up with spare parts on the quad. The more rubbing and acting you do the better chance you'll get hired back next time. I did one in 03' in anaheim and no one told me it was rigged.... pretty much messed up the whole show in front of 50k people. hahaha first time i ever got yelled at for winning :chinese:

Crazy lil punk
05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Wired
If you do it show up with spare parts on the quad. The more rubbing and acting you do the better chance you'll get hired back next time. I did one in 03' in anaheim and no one told me it was rigged.... pretty much messed up the whole show in front of 50k people. hahaha first time i ever got yelled at for winning :chinese:

LOL now thats some funny ****!

JLanphear
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I've done it....ended up actually 'winning' one of the races. It was tons of fun, and I'd def be up for doing it again any time.

Anyway, I believe I know the person you need to be talking to and I will PM you how to get hold of him.

-Josh

beastlywarrior
05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
id like to do it when they come to cleveland

Crystylephoto
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
For anyone from Maine area:

http://neatv-mx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10894

Crystylephoto
06-08-2011, 02:07 PM
For any one interested, openings for quad wars from the NEATV-MX forum:

http://neatv-mx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10915

Tommy Warren
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
I've done it....ended up actually 'winning' one of the races. It was tons of fun, and I'd def be up for doing it again any time.

Anyway, I believe I know the person you need to be talking to and I will PM you how to get hold of him.

-Josh

what is the pay (or lack thereof) for doing one of these shows?

rbgnwa45
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I went to a Toronto one when I was about 12. The trucks were cool. I knew the quad racing was rigged when 1) the banshee was slower than the 400ex, 2) after the race, the announcer says something like "... but that's not the only thing that happened...", "nope" says the "winner", the "winner" then rips off a white "X" sticker from the front of "his" LT250R, revealing a rider #, then he took the mic and said "well, the other rider decided to trash my quad - so I'm riding one of his". So the guy is admitting to theft over $10,000. Very nice infront of a packed stadium of children. He also falsely, wrongly, and in-knowing accuses another rider of property damage over $10000. You call that all in good fun + setting an example? LOL! It was pathetic, my first thought was - yeah ok, your opponent just so happends to have the exact same quad as you when you don't know eachother (custom paint & graphics ETC) as one guy is from Quebec and another is from Ontario, and he didn't notice one of his quads missing, and didn't recognize you were riding his quad?

They really didn't rig it very well, instead they threw in some bad acting by a guy who'se hair was too long. It would be a lot better if they just had some people doing stunts or small drags, which they actually did for a short while - because while "racing" they were also doing catwalks down an entire stretch, they always rig it for the "home team" to win.