PDA

View Full Version : kill switch install! ? next question

beck125
04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Blah I have another question have a new kill tether needing to instal. Have a 5r kick start only. And needing to know what goes where..diagram preferably

DnB_racing
04-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by beck125
Blah I have another question have a new kill tether needing to instal. Have a 5r kick start only. And needing to know what goes where..diagram preferably here is a few different combination of race harness options, if you need anything different let me know, and I will customize a drawing for your setup

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461586

beck125
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM
ok looked at it, everyone is telling me to hook it into the oem killswitch,.. how would i do that for now?

DnB_racing
04-13-2011, 06:29 PM
ok looked at it, everyone is telling me to hook it into the oem killswitch,.. how would i do that for now? the black with white stripe is the kill circuit.. put one side of teather to black /white wire and the other teather wire to a green wire

beck125
04-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Tryed it can't get it to work..

DnB_racing
04-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Tryed it can't get it to work.. what doesnt work? are you saying it doesnt kill the quad? maybe your switch is bad, check it makes and brakes with a continuity tester.
what type of kill switch do you have? and is it used?
the kill circuit is the black/white stripe!!! if that goes to ground the quad wont run, this is what makes the stop switch ... the blk/wht and the green are all that's needed.. if it doesnt work then your switch is bad!!

beck125
04-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Brand new alba. Cut black nwhite conected one end and the other to green wire and nothing.

DnB_racing
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Brand new alba. Cut black nwhite conected one end and the other to green wire and nothing. what do you mean nothing???? does the quad not start? or does it not stop

beck125
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
It won't do either when its hooked up.. tryed grounding it another spot but nothing..

DnB_racing
04-14-2011, 05:45 PM
It won't do either when its hooked up.. tryed grounding it another spot but nothing.. LMAO!! it wont run or stop???

you need to give some details of what you did and what you want !! Im playing a guessing game here,
I cant see what you have done and if you want it fixed you need to explain everything you have done.. I will gladly help you but you have to make things a little more clear and detailed!!

beck125
04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
I cut the black and white wire put on end on the bike end of the wire and then spliced the green wire for ground and put the other wire on it. And nothing happens

DnB_racing
04-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I cut the black and white wire put on end on the bike end of the wire and then spliced the green wire for ground and put the other wire on it. And nothing happens WHAT DO YO MEAN NOTHING???? do you mean the quad doesnt run? or do you mean the stop button doesnt work?

you have to give DETAILS there seams like there is more to what you've done,
either the switch is bad or something is unplugged, but you have to explain your self or there is nothing I can do.. Im trying to help, but I cant even get an answer if the quad runs!, or if it ran before you did something... PLEASE start from begining and dont leave out any details, and im sure I will be able to help

beck125
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Now it kills when the feathers on runs with it unteathered

DnB_racing
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Now it kills when the feathers on runs with it unteathered you need a different teather,

beck125
04-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Got it took one off a parts quad and the damn thing works ugh thanks for the help man