PDA

View Full Version : Cr250 question

rodeo#11
04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
alright guys i recently went over to the dark side and bought a 1999 cr250 to play around on. It needs a little plastic work done to it and here is my question. Will 2003 front and rear plastics fit on a 99' cr250? Any Cr owners out there that could give me some advice i would really appreciate it. I just like the looks of those fenders better than the 99' is why i ask.

KXRida
04-13-2011, 11:32 AM
front fender will probably fit, or could easily be made to fit. Rear fenders are most likely not going to fit due to different air boxes and side panels.

Rich250RRacer
04-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by buck440
front fender will fit
rear fender will fit IF you get a 03 subframe and seat
side panels will fit with them ^^ mods
shrouds will fit if you get a 03 tank.
the airbox will require a little cutting

The only thing here that will fit is the front fender. You are dealing with an entirely different generation of chassis between the 99 and 03 models. The 03 subframe will not bolt up to a 99 properly, the shrouds and tank will not work either.

KXRida
04-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The only thing here that will fit is the front fender. You are dealing with an entirely different generation of chassis between the 99 and 03 models. The 03 subframe will not bolt up to a 99 properly, the shrouds and tank will not work either.

Correct, I know for a fact the tanks will not fit unless made to fit, which in the end they still sit too high and look like ***. Pretty much if you want the look of the newer bike, buy a newer bike.

buck440
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
it's just what i read guys.

i seen this on thumpertalk also....

I have recently finished a 97 cr250 with 07 plastic.The gas tanks from 02-07 will not fit the 97-99 frame, due to a cross brace center way under the tank.You also have to heat and shape the airbox to get the side panels to line up with the airbox,and line up with the top seat mount.You have to fab some sort of brackets for the lower sideplate mounts.I used 1''x1/4 inch aluminum.I used my 97 tank,but painted it gloss black.The 02-07 shrould will mount on the top,most forward hole of the tank,but then you must make more brackets for the lower tank mount and the lower frame mount,and finally the radiator mount.The airbox is the worst and most tedious part.I understand you not being able to find much on here,people talk about it,but not much detail,especialy the airbox.Its not that bad of a job to do,it just takes patience and a heatgun!When I get a chance,I will send you some pictures.Let me know if I can help.

KXRida
04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Anything can be made to fit but most of the time it looks botched together.