PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky or NC?

MX MaNiAc 06
04-13-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm graduating college next month and looking to move south. I am getting my associates as a physical therapist assistant. These two states pay PTAs well and have plenty of jobs as well as a little bit warmer climate than PA.

I want to find a cheap apartment and im going to have to get a storage unit to keep my quad. (unless anybody has any better ideas!!) What do one of these cost a month roughly? Has to be big enough to keep my quad, tools and all my spare junk.

I'm trying to live in a city or pretty big town where there is plenty to do and plenty of jobs. But i want to be able to drive less than an hour away and find mx tracks. Anybody from these two states have any recommendations of good areas to live?

I'm also open to other cities in other states if they meet my needs. Any recommendations?

smr
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Western Ky Universaty is about 30 minutes from Ballance MX. There are also many other MX tracks in the area.

Bowling Green is the 4th largest City in Kentucky and you are about 45 minutes from Nashville Tn.

fastredrider44
04-13-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm biased, but KY has a lot to offer IMO. Racing has taken me lots of places and I don't see myself moving anytime soon.

jasonjonesjj
04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
bowling green is a great little town. and if you can find a good job there, even better.

Ballance, 800 MX, cumberland parkway mx, loretta lynns is just down the road. Earlywines in the winter.

Also JPMX is really close if you ever need parts.

fastredrider44
04-13-2011, 10:28 AM
There are parts of Bowling Green that are better than others, so if you did come check it out, make sure you check all of it out. Western KY has a ton of small MX tracks as well. Or if you ever got into XC, it's the mecca. (So Scro says):p The best thing about riding in KY, is we do it year round. There's never really an off season for riding.

Scro
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
There are parts of Bowling Green that are better than others, so if you did come check it out, make sure you check all of it out. Western KY has a ton of small MX tracks as well. Or if you ever got into XC, it's the mecca. (So Scro says):p The best thing about riding in KY, is we do it year round. There's never really an off season for riding.

LOL. I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Kentucky, just the weekends when I would be racing there. But I can tell you that North Carolina has some beautiful land east of Greensboro. It gets pretty flat west of there. It's still my #1 pick for places to retire as far as scenery goes.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-14-2011, 04:11 AM
I'm applying to a job in Lexington and Richmond. Balance MX is one of the first things that came to mind when i saw job openings in Kentucky. How professional of me! haha Western KY sounds like the way to go. I've heard there is a lot of streams and lakes as well. I'm an outdoorsy kinda guy and it seems like a great place to be with beautiful scenery