PDA

View Full Version : 05 YFZ Gas in OIL

h400exrydr
04-13-2011, 06:08 AM
my buddy has a 05 yfz that wa s just rebuilt by someone. he has about 5 tanks of gas through it and realized that there is gas getting into the oil somehow. any body ever hear of this happening? he needs it to be fixed asap, first race is coming soon. thanks!

maxamillion
04-15-2011, 11:11 PM
your float needle is sticking in the seat inside the carburetor. the crud is not letting the needle valve seal properly against the seat. so its letting to much gas flow into your carb then it runs right down past your intake valves down into the engine. its not to uncommon. just take the carb off and clean everything really well. u might need a new float needle if its really correded.

h400exrydr
04-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Alright. Ill try that. Thanks!

chopp124
04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
how did you determine that? is the oil tank overflowing?

h400exrydr
04-21-2011, 06:13 AM
yes the oil tank is going well over the full line. the oil is VERY thin and watery. light brown color, and the biggest thing it smells like gas really bad. i tore apart the carb and the accelerator pump diaphram has a big tear in it. im wondering if that is maybe the reason it could be throwin too much gas in it. i cleaned everything else in the entire carb and it all looked good. so i hope thats what it is.