PDA

View Full Version : No fuel to plug

Joemartin17
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I have a DRR Air-cooled 90. Joe was practicing at Walden mx this past weekend. On his second lap of the day he cased a jump hard and crashed. Was able to get back on and made another 2 laps before the thing just started putting around very slow. Wouldnt go over 5mph. Drove it back to the truck and i havent gotten it started since. got just a little over 100 pounds compression. Getting absolutely no fuel to the plug. Any ideas?

Logan #34's Dad
04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Pull your carb off and make sure everything is clean, check your float bowl, the adjustment tab may have bent causing it to be starving for fuel. Also, check the fuel filter.

THARNESS
04-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Make sure the tank is vented properly. Good chance that the vent hose got kinked or plugged in the crash and the tank is not venting. Also make sure that there is not some sort of obstruction in the tank such as the rubber piece from inside the cap that may have came loose in the crash.

Joemartin17
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I dont think i have any obstructions. Fuel pours out the fuel line and when i pull the plug on the bottom of the bowl it pours out there also. Very strange. Just worried about the compression. Is 100 pounds a bit low to draw fuel through carb into the cylinder?

Logan #34's Dad
04-15-2011, 10:16 PM
It would flow fuel as your saying, but if the float it not right it could be closing off fuel to refill the bowl to keep her going. 100 psi should be enough to get it to run. It's not a lot of compression but it should run....

chris p.
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM
we were there saturday but i didn't see your son crash... but then again i was doing the 50 yard dash to push MY son off the track after he popped his chain multiple times!!!! LOL.how about bolting on a spare carb to see what it does?? have you taken it off and cleaned all the jets and ports??you may have picked up a small piece of dirt in the crash and you know how fussy these things are. :D :D

Joemartin17
04-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Thank you for all the responces. I believe i found the problem. Broken ring on piston. Thankfully it really didnt hurt the cylinder. Gonna throw a new piston and ring in and hopefully all will be better.

Logan #34's Dad
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
That will do it. Good luck.