PDA

View Full Version : who else loves there atv fourplay suspension?

jfarrar30
04-12-2011, 06:10 PM
i've been running Toms products on my race bikes for years and love them. So he was top of my list when building jacobs race bike. this is jakes first high performance machine. he last quad was an ltz50 which would hardly go fast enough to get off the ground. from time to time he would steal his sisters trx 90 and rip that around our track and catch some pretty good air for a six year old but he never really pusheded its limits. now with his new race bike it has unleashed a whole new animal. i once thought i didnt fear anything but this kid has me crapping my pants lol. he is so confident with this suspension. we have a single roller type jump that is 5 to 5.5 feet tall with a tapered landing on it. if the kids come out of the corner like there supposed too at best they land at the very bottom. that wasnt good enough for jake. i thought he was going up to the garage to take a breather but he had a better plan. he turns around pins it through the yard over the berm down the straight never letting off the gas over this jump and flat lands it about ten feet past the landing locks up the brakes and turns around and gives me a thumbs up! this guy can hardly reach the pegs lol. the suspension well exceeded my expectations and probably saved my boy arse on that one lol.
Thanks Tom I think we got a new Teabag on the block (long story)

Ride1Rob
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Tom is good people... UGLY as hell, but good people :devil: And his products are the best that I've seen and dealt with.

raidernut
04-12-2011, 09:14 PM
We have run most all the suspension set ups including JB, DC, etc, and the fourplay is by far the best handling. The available travel is far superior than anything out there. When you figure out where the caster and camber behaves the best, it really shines. Watch a fourplay bike in the whoops compared to the others and you will see what i mean. Ride heighth and tire selection is key to this suspension set up.

T@AFP
04-13-2011, 07:16 AM
OUCH and thanks guys.

We couldn't do it with out the feed back we get from the riders.
We have had our share of hiccups but they seem to be far and few between.

Like Mark said "When you figure out where the caster and camber behaves the best, it really shines. Watch a fourplay bike in the whoops compared to the others and you will see what i mean. Ride heighth and tire selection is key to this suspension set up."
I think our stuff works pretty damn good.

Thanks again for your support, we really appreciate it.

Rob....you'll pay for that:scary:

thequadfather+2
04-13-2011, 07:48 AM
I know the suspension works great. I posted some video footage last year of his 70 pounding it out in the whoops @ pell City, lots of travel and very smooth.

The soft bars are his best product (IMO). Heck we even put them on our Cobra. I have the anti-vibe stem, Steering stem support bracket and soft bars on our 90 and it's a great package. We Recently added the soft bars and steering stem support to our 50. We have flipped both quads and the stems made it through just fine without bending.....The bars have taken a beating from flipping to being landed on. Last year another quad landed on the right handle bar at Pell City, it tore off the hand grip and bent the brake lever but the bars survived without a problem.

no doubt those are some great products...

coffing918
04-13-2011, 08:50 AM
my son will not ride any quad without the 4 play bars, he says he can feel a huge difference without them! thanks tom for a great product! hes been begging me for an orange atv 4 play hoodie can I buy one from U in Maryland; can u bring a youth XL for him,

T@AFP
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by coffing918
my son will not ride any quad without the 4 play bars, he says he can feel a huge difference without them! thanks tom for a great product! hes been begging me for an orange atv 4 play hoodie can I buy one from U in Maryland; can u bring a youth XL for him,

Well, I'd love to get him a hoodie, but we're out of them. We are getting some shirts made. I will let you guys know when they'll be available. We normally just get the hoodies in fall but I think we'll get those coming too.

Thank you for the kind words on our bars too.

Tom