PDA

View Full Version : First time out on track for Austin!

Doug10
04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Made it out to the track today after getting his quad a few weeks ago. He has never ridden one, only made a few laps in the backyard night before we went to the track. He ran 3-4 sessions of about 8-12 laps each and each time ran until i saw him using his left hand on the thumb throttle because of thumb pump lol. He did awesome. At least i know the pilot jet is right or close to it in this POS 16mm stock carb.

Alot of people stopped by to let me know he was doing great for a 5 yr old, then i had to tell them he was still 3. Thanks to you guys for the help leading up to the first track outing. Now that i know he likes it, (had to fight him to get him in the truck to leave) we are ready to commit to more parts purchases (better chest protector, little better front shocks, tires, and neck brace)

I dont think i am going to put too much into this atv though, since in a year or 2 when hes ready to really race, i dont want to have to worry about finding make specific stuff for this 02 Scrambler.

If you seasoned dads say anything in the pictures that you can add suggestions on please feel free to, as far as the setup goes.

Doug

Doug10
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
another

Doug10
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
a few more

Doug10
04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
another

Doug10
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
last one

hwf-racing
04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Very nice, little guy looks good!

EthansDad
04-12-2011, 09:01 PM
very nice! a new mini quad racer unleashed! like his helmet, very cool.

your little guy is big for 3, about the size of my 4+ yr old girl. can he get clearance between his butt and the seat when he stands up on the pegs? looks like he is right at it, ideal is like 2+ inches. might get some peg spacers or lower the seat a bit. that really helps them not get thrashed around so much.

-EA

nastynotchback1
04-15-2011, 08:41 AM
NICE.I would not put to much cash into the single arm quad.Try to find a dual arm 50 as quick as you can and get him started on that.It will make him love it even more.