PDA

View Full Version : stage 2 cam/ stock exhaust

buddy willard
04-12-2011, 10:49 AM
how would an 08 450er run with stock exhaust and stage 2 cam? exhaust and air box has been opened up and rejetted. I know with the bigger cam it will need to be jetted again. Money is tight just need some ideas. I mostly run 300 ft drags.:confused:

airmobile101
04-12-2011, 10:51 AM
You shouldn't have to re-jet for a cam.

DnB_racing
04-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by buddy willard
how would an 08 450er run with stock exhaust and stage 2 cam? exhaust and air box has been opened up and rejetted. I know with the bigger cam it will need to be jetted again. Money is tight just need some ideas. I mostly run 300 ft drags.:confused: Im not sure what type of drags you do, but the ones I sometimes run, its more important to run constantly, then fast! and if your front wheels are allways in the air its real hard to hit your dial in time, I would recomend a shorter strut ( 14') or link instead of your front shock, i used to tie down my front end, but I found it so much better to have a solid light weight adjustable type of link for the front to help keep it down and my times got much tighter,
I had a much easier and fun time running the trail class,with my 250 which were i run is 6.8 seconds or above, when I run my 450 quad in the unlimited class at 5.1 seconds im running against 4 second quads with wheelie bars and single speed that are dialed in to the 100th of a second, just not as much fun!

buddy willard
04-18-2011, 08:03 AM
we run for fun alot of the times. But sometimes ( i think it is first or second weekend of the month )there is a big race usually and it is loose 2 times and you are out. It's alot of fun but usually end up racing someone who has a built to death bike and end up getting beat by 2or 3 bikes. there has been a few times when they mess up on the start and they can't run me down. sometimes you get lucky.