PDA

View Full Version : Arens frame pic, needed fast

troybilt
04-12-2011, 09:06 AM
I need an Arens frame pic of the shock tower showing the logo. I bought a bike from a guy yesterday that told me he bought the chassis from LSR in 2006, but Dan (who has an Arens frame, btw) and I think its an Arens frame... I think I was lied too, and I need proof..

danhung11
04-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Troy - just sent you an email with the Aren's logo... The give aways from the pics you sent me are the 3 holes in the gusset in the rear sub frame by the grab bar, and also the star between the shock towers. I cleaned up my photobucket by have them on my external hardrive at home. I can take whatever pictures you want tonight...

steve250r
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM
My old Arens

http://i52.tinypic.com/fzci2t.jpg

hontrx265r
04-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Either way, its a good frame so things could be worse..

troybilt
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Here's a pic of my bike, I bought yesterday... its the only one I have at the moment on my work computer.

I like the Arens frame, I just don't like be lied too...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/LSR%20BIKE/DSCN1428.jpg

steve250r
04-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I've seen Aren's advertised as LSR frames quite a few times. Personally I'd rather have an Aren's frame anyways, but i do understand where you are coming from as well Troy.

troybilt
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I'd rather have an Arens myself too, but that's not the point... I try to be completely honest with folks when I sell stuff if I don't know what it is I will tell them that. I haven't been around LSR or Arens frames enough to spot the differences, so it was my fault for trusting someone's word. The old honor code is dwindling these days.

....Especially, when he told me he bought it directly from LSR in 2006 brand new...

troybilt
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Well Dano, I guess we both have an Laeger and an Arens... haha.. :D

danhung11
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Well Dano, I guess we both have an Laeger and an Arens... haha.. :D

We just need two Lobo's and two Walsh's now. :D

89trx250r
04-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Troy it's not cool to see someone of your stature on the forums get ripped off although idk if I would call that a rip off lol I'd much rather have an arens over a Lsr :). For future reference arens Is the only company to waterjet the star into the front shock tower guessts the Lsr was just a ****ty narrow bar if I remember correct. Anyway grats On the new bike I really like how it has the 89 headlight most people who go aftermarket ditch the 89 look for a more sleek profile.

troybilt
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Yea I don't necessarily feel like I got ripped off, I'm more embarassed that I couldn't spot the Arens over the LSR when I was there. I remember thinking that the Star looked like the Arens, but not seeing an Arens frame in over a year, I took the guys word... he seemed like a standup guy, but the KU Jayhawk tee-shirt should have been my first clue. He didn't know 250r's that well at all for having one for several years...

I didn't have the heart to tell him he's full of crap either, he was telling me the motor "he was told" puts out 60 hp.. that's a big BS!! haha... It has an LRD non PV 300 motor, which are awesome motors, but not 60hp awesome... more like low 50's mid-to-high 40's awesome... He also didn't know that LRD went out of business, he was trying to give me their card... sorry buddy but they are out of business...

I just text'd him again and he's adamant he bought the frame, aarams, swingarm, axle, stem from LSR in 2006, the aarms look brand new, so does the axle. The frame looks in excellent shape too, few nics in the powder here or there...

The other funny thing was beside the KU tee-shirt, hahaha... was he had an 05 450r with the HRC kit and it was "insanely" fast... Wahoo... HRC kit wow...

The bike was a decent purchase, its got some really nice stuff and mostly new or brand new in some cases. I'm going to be riding this along with my Stocker at the Dunes this weekend with Dan, so I'll give a report back...

norcalduner
04-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Great find. More pics please .....

troybilt
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
This is all I got right now... I'll take more pics tonight. It was late...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/LSR%20BIKE/DSCN1430.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/LSR%20BIKE/DSCN1429.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/LSR%20BIKE/DSCN1426.jpg

stever250r
04-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Nice Looking 250R no matter what it is..I need to move to Kansas!

I know the Arens had the distinctive front motor mount, but that would be easy enough to change out with different style mounts if it had been lost or broken..

My Subframe was also not gusseted back by the rear grab bar where that subframe is, but maybe I didnt have a Arens subframe, and all this time thought that I did.. Hmmmmm

Looks like your next investment is going to be another garage to house your collection. I know a good carpenter if you need one. I sure wish I had that problem!!!!.. :p

Congrats!!

TLR-Online
04-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Very Nice! Are you keeping it? Parting it, selling it?

I really like how it looks that way it stands now :D

troybilt
04-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks Steve!!

Does anyone recognize the LRD pipe that's on it?? I think its the older hand coned version of the Team B.

Its not the same as this one that I used to own, and its not a big bore:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/my%20250r%20Build/DSCN0964.jpg

sangheraent
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
my lrd pipe looks identical to that one. Im pretty sure its an older team b. my bike is stock cylinder ported and it runs great with it.

How does somebody have that nice of a 250r and not know **** about it? usually people who have nice modded bikes either know everything or have a lot of money with wrong information.

troybilt
04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by sangheraent
my lrd pipe looks identical to that one. Im pretty sure its an older team b. my bike is stock cylinder ported and it runs great with it.

How does somebody have that nice of a 250r and not know **** about it? usually people who have nice modded bikes either know everything or have a lot of money with wrong information.

Good question!!!

SilverLake250R
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Troy, I think they made at least 3 versions of the LRD Team B- The first being the hand coned one you have, the second being the one I have (pictured), and the third being the one you had on your 89 XC bike...

DnB_racing
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks Steve!!

Does anyone recognize the LRD pipe that's on it?? I think its the older hand coned version of the Team B.

Its not the same as this one that I used to own, and its not a big bore:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/my%20250r%20Build/DSCN0964.jpg i really cant see the marking on the pipe, but the silencer is the next generation newer from the one you sold me Troy, but the pipe looks like the next gen older then the one you sold me, mine doesnt have the riveted id tag, just engraved into pipe

J.B.
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Did you add the number 10 to this one too or did it just happen to be number 10 also Troy? I noticed your other bike is rocking number 10...

troybilt
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by J.B.
Did you add the number 10 to this one too or did it just happen to be number 10 also Troy? I noticed your other bike is rocking number 10...

No I added it, I had a couple sets of extra number plates lying around that I didn't know what I was going to do with them other than the beer fridge, and the rear plastic its less than average condition so I thru them on there, for shyts and grins. 10 has always been a good number for me. I was a tailback in highschool and was #10... :D

troybilt
04-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
i really cant see the marking on the pipe, but the silencer is the next generation newer from the one you sold me Troy, but the pipe looks like the next gen older then the one you sold me, mine doesnt have the riveted id tag, just engraved into pipe

I cheated, I added the decal to the silencer, it had the older decals on it that I took off... :)

troybilt
04-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by TLR-Online
Very Nice! Are you keeping it? Parting it, selling it?

I really like how it looks that way it stands now :D

I bought it for the motor mostly, and I'll eventually be parting it possibly, when I get time... unless I can convince the wife that I need another 250r.

...I hear the vulchers swarming now!! :D:D:D

rayman375
04-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I have an Arens and a Laeger also, haha. Both of mine need built/rebuilt though :( . I too like the Arens better than the LSR frames.

danhung11
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I bought it for the motor mostly, and I'll eventually be parting it possibly, when I get time... unless I can convince the wife that I need another 250r.

...I hear the vulchers swarming now!! :D:D:D

Leave my name out of this T. LOL! I had nothing to do with this one. :D

stever250r
04-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Leave my name out of this T. LOL! I had nothing to do with this one. :D

I bet you are Mrs. Troybilts favorite out of all of Troys friends, and I am sure there is a flakjacket in that garage for you to wear when you show up to visit.. :D

I'm not swarming, but lucky I dont have your phone number or I would be dropping a dime in your wifes ear about how crowded the garage is starting to look... Then I would be the first in line to say... .

How much for the Hipers w/ Tires, the AC Bumper, Nerf Bars, Baldwin/LSR? Front Hubs, and that Stainless Airbox? :)

sameltoe
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice find!

dtowndiesel
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Looks like a pretty sweet ride!

The most defining difference I've noticed between a LSR frame and other similar frames is in the front of the frame. Take notice how the upper front part of the LSR frame pretty much goes from the top of the upper bumper mount straight to the bottom of the steering stem tower, creating a straight line on approx. a 45 degree angle. All other frames in that area connect further behind the upper bumper mount and instead of going straight to the steering stem tower they make a bend just behind the upper shock mounts......maybe it's just me but I've always noticed that 45 degree angle being significantly different and defining from the others.

SilverLake is right about the LRD pipes, I personally think the first gen. hand built pipes look BA, I wish I had one!

protrax
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
If a partout happens I would be interested in the Pipe and seat
Nice bike how much did you pay? Funny man I bought a Arens chassis 250R today too!

danhung11
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Seems there is a lot of Aren's frames still around, it's nice to see them all in good condition. Looking forward to running the LRD300 vs ESR330....:p

protrax, sameltoe, troybilt, myself... who else?

sameltoe
04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Shoot...I wouldn't mind having a spare frame and rear pedal.
Troy, you know how I work lol. I would be ready at the end of next month :D that way it gives you time lol

hartwill
04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Have any of you guys seen arens a-arms and steering stems before?

rayman375
04-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
Have any of you guys seen arens a-arms and steering stems before?
Here is a link to a couple of pictures of their arms for a 400ex.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108157&highlight=arens+arms

Grande Huevos
04-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Seems there is a lot of Aren's frames still around, it's nice to see them all in good condition. Looking forward to running the LRD300 vs ESR330....:p

protrax, sameltoe, troybilt, myself... who else?

X2 although i gotta root for the esr 330 cuz thats what im bout to b rockin!!! :) let us kno how they all do in the sand cuz although iv had my R for 7 months now and my 330 motor for 3-4 i still havent ridin it!!! :( im dieing to get it finished and see what i got! keep us posted please

danhung11
04-29-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure what the heck I was thinking, but my 330 is a CT ProCross built by Ed Texiera. It's a pretty stout motor set up for mid-range. Above I put ESR for some reason...:o

At any rate, troybilt's LRD was running sub par, low compression, jetting was off, etc. He literally bought it the week before and drug it down there for the hell of it.