PDA

View Full Version : Just getting burnt out... any help??

trailrider894
04-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Hey guys... Well its officially spring in Missouri now, and i just don't find myself enjoying riding much anymore. Its just my quad though... I love riding dirt bikes and stuff, its just so much easier to ride and more fun. I just don't know whats up... maybe i just need a good ride somewhere, because i haven't been to a place that i enjoy ridigin at recently... you guys have any ideas to get me pysched again???

chucked
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I know what you're saying. I didn't ride for all of 2009, just didn't feel like riding, then one day it just came back. I get like that with other things, too. I used to always be in bands playing guitar, since my last band broke up over 2 years ago, my guitar hasn't seen the light of day.

trailrider894
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I know what you're saying. I didn't ride for all of 2009, just didn't feel like riding, then one day it just came back. I get like that with other things, too. I used to always be in bands playing guitar, since my last band broke up over 2 years ago, my guitar hasn't seen the light of day.

Yeah man... I use to ride every single day no matter what the weather, and now my bike rarely see's daylight. I would rather play around tuning and workin on them than riding them.

Sjorge450R
04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Yeah man... I use to ride every single day no matter what the weather, and now my bike rarely see's daylight. I would rather play around tuning and workin on them than riding them.

Im the same way....which is why im selling my R for a new type of R. a CBR!

trailrider894
04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
Im the same way....which is why im selling my R for a new type of R. a CBR!

things is i just can't see myself seperating from the EX.... Its almost been more than an ATV to me. lol I would swear it has feelings... I've rode it when i was upset and having hard times. I rode it when i was happy...lol etc..... you get the point...

wilkin250r
04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
One of the things I've found is change things up a little, keep it new and fresh. A couple years ago, I got myself on a utility quad and went on a really long ride, much longer than I usually do with my sport quad.

SOOO much fun. The utility quad was much more comfortable than my sport, so it was much easier to ride for longer periods. It was neat, because the goal became about getting to new destinations and seeing new things, rather than an adrenaline rush from jumping or riding aggressively.

The other thing I've found to renew your interest is to get somebody new into the sport, and teach them all the great benefits of ATV riding.

250x_kyle
04-11-2011, 09:22 PM
i know what your saying. had a nice 450r i rode every chance i got my senior year of highschool and the summer after when i wasnt working. parted it out last fall built a yfz. put maybe 5 hours on it due to work and other projects. didnt ride for a few months. hopped on my buddys 450r for 20 mins and bought a houser crf frame a month later.

Aarons 01 400EX
04-12-2011, 06:12 AM
It is kind of like being with the same woman for an eternity. Sometimes you just want to take a break or go ride someone else's quad... lol

Tommy Warren
04-12-2011, 08:33 AM
its like having an ipod with one song....you need to get new songs for a new experience.....go big bore, get it ported, buy new plastics...or just sell it and start another build

Nac's22
04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
It happens. I've been riding my whole life but when you do the same thing all the time it gets old. Untill last summer I didn't ride trails since I started racing, which was 5 years ago. Went on a trail ride with a friend of mine that I used to race with, stock 660 raptor and a stock warrior, and I loved it. It brought back a different side of riding that I had forgotten about. After this my 400EX came out of the corner/boxes it had been sitting in for 5 1/2 years and got rebuilt so I can ride trails, maybe even race an XC race for fun. I can't wait for May to roll around so I can graduate and go home and ride my "new" toy. My suggestion is to mix it up a lot. One day ride a track, because I know you're a MX guy, then the next go out on a trail ride with your friends and not make it a race, being competitave is go but once you turn it into a race then its the same thing over different terrain. Don't take riding so seriously just go out and have fun with it. It helped me out so its worth a shot.

finsteratv
04-12-2011, 10:35 AM
get a cheap 2stroke 250 threewheeler beater, try riding that for awhile and you'll be thankful for the machines you have and 4 wheels :D

fastredrider44
04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I kinda went through that but that was last winter when all I was doing was dumping money into the fourwheeler to go tear it up and have two weeks to put it all back together. (XC Racing). Since then i have bought and sold a few and try to play ride just as much as I practice and race. That was a biggie for me. Getting back to playing like I did before I started racing.

Ruby Soho
04-12-2011, 12:52 PM
i used to live for quads and bikes. now im into different things. but i still like them, just not so passionate.

i wish i was as into riding as i used to be its just not the same

Honda#4
04-12-2011, 01:07 PM
^ X2 I remember the good ole days when I was on here all the time but since my baby was born and having different interests I don't come on as much, but I got a feeling soon that will change.

trailrider894
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, i used to have several hundred acres to ride on, and since it got sold i only have almost nothing to ride on.. the only land we did get isn't worth anything and doesn't have anything fun... maybe i just need to go out and makes some super challenging trails and stuff... My heart is in MX, but i whoop butt in the trails. I am the fastest trail rider i have seen... hence the username trailrider894

finsteratv
04-12-2011, 01:26 PM
make a quad trial/MX course for a challenge...kind of a true ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE track.

KXRida
04-13-2011, 11:43 AM
I think it happens to everyone. Mine was due to injuries. Raced a spring to fall series in 2009 (broke my back somewhere in the middle of that) but pretty much rode all season. Not to mention on any off day I had I rode as well. 2010 I was pretty much burnt out from mx racing and started to toy around with the idea of woods racing. Started practicing on local woods tracks but never raced them. Bought my kxf at the end of 2009 and built it all through winter. I put a little over 12 hours on the bike and that was it. In may of 2010 my cousin hit me 4th gear wide and knocked me out for 6 minutes or so. After that I sold my bike and gear all in the same week and haven't rode since. I'm at the point in my life where I can't be injured like that all the time. I'd like to get something like a 400ex or warrior just to run some local trails, but all in all I think I was just flat burnt out from it.

mat1977
04-13-2011, 01:58 PM
[i]Originally posted by trailrider894 i whoop butt in the trails. I am the fastest trail rider i have seen... hence the username trailrider894 [/B]

Maybe thats the problem your TOO good so there is no challenge left in it for you.

trailrider894
04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by mat1977
Maybe thats the problem your TOO good so there is no challenge left in it for you.

That is probably it... I enjoy a good trail system, but they aren't challenging for me. Thats why i chose MX, but its just frustrating because all the races are hours away from me and i have no where to practic.e

CJM
04-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Maybe you need some buddies to go with ya?

I know its boring if I dont have a few riding buddies to go with-who wants to go alone?

fastredrider44
04-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mat1977

Lol. Bill Ballance ain't got nothin on him.:p

KXRida
04-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Lol. Bill Ballance ain't got nothin on him.:p

lol :o

HondaRacing83
04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
This might sound ridiculous, but to be honest, i think the 450's ruined everything.

HondaRacing83
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
New technology isnt always the greatest thing. I wish they would do away with every new type of sport quad from 2004+
Theres something about 250R's, 400ex's, hybrids, etc. I still enjoy riding ALOT. But its nothing like back in the day. Imagine skying out a 250r as the sun is setting :) that just gives me a feeling like no other thinking about it. Id trade my 400ex for an older body style 400 or a 250r in a second without thinking twice. If you watch the older huevos videos and stuff its just much more appealing to me than the new ones. The 450 rage has ruined everything. for me atleast. I think the dirtbike scene is at its prime right now and technology is somewhat good. But the quad scene has had its prime. Im just waiting for another.

TheLane
04-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
New technology isnt always the greatest thing. I wish they would do away with every new type of sport quad from 2004+
Theres something about 250R's, 400ex's, hybrids, etc. I still enjoy riding ALOT. But its nothing like back in the day. Imagine skying out a 250r as the sun is setting :) that just gives me a feeling like no other thinking about it. Id trade my 400ex for an older body style 400 or a 250r in a second without thinking twice. If you watch the older huevos videos and stuff its just much more appealing to me than the new ones. The 450 rage has ruined everything. for me atleast. I think the dirtbike scene is at its prime right now and technology is somewhat good. But the quad scene has had its prime. Im just waiting for another.

and what about riding a 450 ruined it? I can understand the 2 stroke loved, but really? 450s ruined the scene? i dont get it?:eek2:

Scro
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
This might sound ridiculous, but to be honest, i think the 450's ruined everything.

That is ridiculous.:o

rpfeifer11
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
things is i just can't see myself seperating from the EX.... Its almost been more than an ATV to me. lol I would swear it has feelings... I've rode it when i was upset and having hard times. I rode it when i was happy...lol etc..... you get the point...

That's how I felt about my 450r. After a while you get bored and want something different. My 450r was exactly how I wanted it and I parted it out and got a hybrid.

KingpinsEx
04-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Well since you seem attached to your machine, switching it up might not be the best option. However, I was a die hard honda rider forever and then switched to a different quad and it was the best thing I ever did. Sometimes you don't know what your missing till you try something else.

I went through something similar to what you are when all of my buddies stopped riding. It takes all the fun out of it riding by yourself or with just one or two other riders. Thats why I started racing MX, everyone was so passionate about and rode all the time, even if it was just at the track. Since then just trying new riding experiences keeps it fresh. I have made rode trips with a few friends to the dunes, far away trials systems, and mx tracks. Those trips keep me excited and created some of my best memories.