PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle

jtalleman
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
input? anybody use em. i ride mx and im curious how sketchy they are

ridehonda400ex
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
IMO best thing ever! My first 400ex had one and I loved it! Traded the quad had a couple bikes, got another 400ex with a thumb.....Im dreading it...i need some extra cash to buy one lol. But I also need nerfs and soon will need front tires..not to mention I'll be 16 in july.

NacsMXer
04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by jtalleman
input? anybody use em. i ride mx and im curious how sketchy they are

Quite sketchy IMO for riding MX. I've tried one on a track and had a lot less confidence riding with it compared to a thumb throttle. I'm very comfortable with them on bikes though, quads are a different story. Maintaining throttle control through the whoops or on a rougher track is a lot more difficult too.

You can get used to them on a quad for any type of riding but it will take some time that's for sure. For the most part I think they are better suited to wide open riding such as desert or dunes where your thumb might cramp up after long periods.

JOHNDOE83
04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I love mine, it works way better then a thumb on the MX track, thats why dirt bikes have them, thats why I bought one.

You always have your full grip on the bars instead of having your thumb on the throttle and 4 fingers on the grip.

finsteratv
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
im fine with both, people go on and on about 4 fingers or having your wrist bent and so on. try one out, personal prefrence :)

PLF
04-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Train your thumb loll..