PDA

View Full Version : Well, would you look at what rolled in...

trailrider894
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Drove nearly 4hrs today to pick up this beauty for my little brother to ride. Its a 2006 KX85. Here are the pics of what all i got with it, for a stunning $800, this thing is in mint condition and appears it has never ever been neglected.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/trailrider894/0410112153-00.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/trailrider894/0410112155-00.jpg

It's got a few things done to it, its got all Renthal Sprockets and Chain, Renthal Handlebars, Scott Grips, VForce Reed Valves, FMF Silencer, UNI Air Filter, Moose Levers, Works Connection Brake resivoir Caps... ETC.... i haven't really opened it up yet to look in the cases or anything, but can people please give me any info I might need to know about the bike, like Piston Issues, etc.....??

What kind of oil should be put in the crankcase? and What Ratio should the Pre-Mix Be??

This bike was bought on a whim, but I bought it from a young college girl in need of the cash, she took excellent care of it and didn't ride it for a year prior to this. It started on the 6th Kick, which isn't bad for sitting for a year. After it got home, about 6hrs later it started on the first kick and ran great. Any Info is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

finsteratv
04-10-2011, 10:52 PM
my buddy use to ride a kx65 when he was smaller and there family has had ton's of the small bore kx's. we always put honda 2stroke trans oil in it and mixed the gas 36:1. personally i think 36:1 is WAYYYYYYY to much. just be sure to use good quality mix oil and gas.

cdrookie
04-11-2011, 07:21 AM
32:1 is what most people use

KXRida
04-11-2011, 09:55 AM
for a smaller bore 2 stroke (125 and under) generally 32:1 is a good safe mix depending on the rider, just make sure to jet for it. R50, K2, dominator, and so on are all great premixes to run. 927 is a great protecting oil but tends to burn dirty unless jetting is spot on, then again any castor oil or blend will burn dirty unless jetting is spot on. Most of the oils stated above are synthetics.

Btw, good find for $800. My first bike was a 1992 kx80. It's actually still in the family and has passed the hands of my sister, and my two cousins. Bike still cleans up nice.

krt400ex
04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
my buddy use to ride a kx65 when he was smaller and there family has had ton's of the small bore kx's. we always put honda 2stroke trans oil in it and mixed the gas 36:1. personally i think 36:1 is WAYYYYYYY to much. just be sure to use good quality mix oil and gas.

thats actually a little on the lean side. most people run 32:1. i did as well.

finsteratv
04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
i've never owned a 2 smoker just my buddy had that one when he was smaller, always had 4 strokes besides that. we usually mix 50:1 for the chainsaws and everything thatsnwhy i thought the 36 may be rich but then again a small bore water cooled dirtbike that you're pinning out and reving out a ton is a whole different animal haha..

TheLane
04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
i've never owned a 2 smoker just my buddy had that one when he was smaller, always had 4 strokes besides that. we usually mix 50:1 for the chainsaws and everything thatsnwhy i thought the 36 may be rich but then again a small bore water cooled dirtbike that you're pinning out and reving out a ton is a whole different animal haha..

lol yeah, a bit different, if you run 50:1 in an mx bike, be prepared to Sieze a few things. :D

finsteratv
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
ohh..well..i mean..its only a kawisuki ;) :D

trailrider894
04-11-2011, 05:51 PM
ohh..well..i mean..its only a kawisuki ;) :D

lol I've got three Kawasaki's now and they have all been excellently reliable... never had a single one leave me stranded except my KX250 which grenaded beause the guy i bought it from lied to me and said he rebuilt it when he didn't...

finsteratv
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
i've never thought they were to bad either! but my dad i guess swears by honda and hates kawi's because of bad experiences with them but he's getting to just be a grumpy ol rider.. haha

trailrider894
04-11-2011, 06:14 PM
i've never thought they were to bad either! but my dad i guess swears by honda and hates kawi's because of bad experiences with them but he's getting to just be a grumpy ol rider.. haha

Ha ha well i own one of every color, except KTM... They have all been excellent!!!! I just rode this 85 and it is mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a smaller version of the 250. lol