PDA

View Full Version : questions for the big bore guys

Grande Huevos
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
hey guys i kno its diff for every motor and setup but i was just curious on what kind of needle u run and position, main jet size piolet and if u kno what temp ur motor runs at? trying to get ball park numbers on this thanks. I have an esr 330, 9 port job, 38 a/s trx5 pipe v force 2s, pump gas and currently have 185 main not sure the needle but its set in the middle runs about 180 degrees. i live in kansas outside temp was about 80 degrees.

RyanWsly
04-10-2011, 08:24 PM
call ESR they will tell you how they would send out that carb. to you to start with. will give you a good starting point.

Grande Huevos
04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
i was curious where everbody els that ran big bores were sitting? i kno what i have and my tunning is usually pretty good but like i said just wanted to kno what other guys w similar setups had. also just fyi when ordering from esr i recomend talking directly to eddie cuz Tom is a Jacka*$ and doesnt kno squat about the Rs

Honda 250r 001
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Im in kansas, lindsborg, where are you from?

currently in my 310, i run a 188 main, DGH needle on the 4th position and it seems to run pretty dang good. (39 PWK) But somethings wrong and my motor runs hotter than it should, 225-250 degrees when racing hard.

RyanWsly
04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
ESR310 PV, 38mm A/S is basically setup like they would send one and it's almost right, plug is brown when I've tested WOT & midrange, they will ask if you run an air box or not, the one I just got done messing with has an air box. DGH needle I believe, 45 pilot, 175 main, needle in 2nd from the top, basically like they told me........

KSRRider
04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm in Kansas as well. My 310 with a 39 PWK runs great on a 178 main, 48 or 50 pilot, middle clip CEJ needle, CR ignition, VF 3's. Recently went to a 40mm lectron though.

Grande Huevos
04-10-2011, 09:39 PM
im in olathe ks bout 20-30min south of kc. i do have an airbox w k&n filter and i will have to check what kind of needle i have this week because i forgot? its the one that esr sent me but the thing that kinda has me little nervous is i was under the impression that u should run ur motor a little on the rich side during break in? well they sent me about 5 diff main jets but after break in and tunning the plug looks about right i think? w the biggest main that esr sent in the carb which is a 185 so hopfully im good! i did move the neddle up 1 position after break in. The plug is a brownish color but is dry as can be is this right? shouldnt it have a little oil on it? w this setup my temp guage was reading about 175 and when lowering the main to a 182 the temp jumped to right at 200 and the plug color did not change a whole lot. the bike seemed to run great w both and but i did move it back up to the 185 just to b safe until i get some better info and advice. also i do not have an oversized radiator yet just fyi. any input and opinions welcome thanks guys!