PDA

View Full Version : fresh chrome

croat1
04-09-2011, 01:55 PM
a few members asked my to send them pics of some chrome i just had done. instead of dealing with emailing guys back and forth i decided to post here. i was lucky enough to find a chrome shop local to me (15 minutes away) that is more than willing to chrome atv parts.

stever250r
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
SURELY one of those subframes will be bolted up to my Laeger frame when I come to pay you for it and pick it up.....:D

Looks great!

wild250rman
04-09-2011, 02:30 PM
where are they located?

woodsracer144
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM

1promodfan
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Do you mind me asking what it cost??

danhung11
04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Looks good Joe. I'd be hesitant to run this crap through the forest as you do... You building a sand bike to join us down here? :D

I found a new chrome show in the metro area back home, but the thing is - it's hard to know what type of work they do. Prices are very reasonable though...

I had some stuff done by a guy in my home town that strictly does hotrods, Harleys, etc. The only thing is...he takes a piece of the human anatomy along with a bunch of cash.

atv fan 28
04-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Looks awesome!! I love me some CHROME!!!!

croat1
04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by stever250r
SURELY one of those subframes will be bolted up to my Laeger frame when I come to pay you for it and pick it up.....:D

Looks great!

hey steve...bring cash...small bills and no dye packs.... how many laegers do you want? just kidding. your stuff is nice . i stand by my sales. if 100% not satisfied i will buy back.

chrome shop is located in cleveland,ohio

prices charged:
subframe $165 each
headstay $ 15 each
motor mounts $5 each
upper +2 pro trax a arm $40 each
lower +2 protrax a arm $45 each
swingaarms $175 each

for those R riders with a keen eye......one of the sub frames is troybuilts elsinore build.

dan: i too was more than apprenhisive of spending money with a company and process i was not familiar with. after some research...they do military and nuclear grade work. turn aound time is 2 weeks or better. they will do small runs and accept cash for bikers and car guys.
the big problem is that that EPA is closing shops like this because of all the hard metals that they put back in the environment. they are working on putting in a self conatined water filtration sysem

i'll see you guys later this year. i'm staying for a few. make room.

FOR TH RECORD...TO ALL MODS AND THE SITE.....i am not making a penny off of this info!! i am just passing info. basically helping out the east coat riders. i cannot see how we should send our stuff back to laeger/LSR or any number of atv shops on the west coast and pay them just to be the middle man. i have no probelm with guys making money...but how much????? i don't believe our sponsors do chrome????

enough siad

joe

stever250r
04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by croat1

hey steve...bring cash...small bills and no dye packs.... how many laegers do you want? just kidding. your stuff is nice . i stand by my sales. if 100% not satisfied i will buy back.

Cash it is, and I promise I'll sort out the bills with dye left on them.
I'll just take the one Laeger for now, but when I come to pick it up, I hope you let me see what else you're hoarding. :D

I have no doubt that i will be satisfied with anything that you would sell.

Just wanted to say thanks for working with me so I could get the Protrax Front End from Steve to go with it. I really appreciate that.

Let me know when you're ready to get together on the frame.

C41Xracer
04-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Trust me you dont want to see what joe has stashed he has spares for his spares, lol