PDA

View Full Version : water proofing

fomospede
04-09-2011, 06:54 AM
ok guys what has been done to properly try to keep these machines going when its wet out???????????

Coley'sdad#8
04-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Push it back in the trailer and get out a HONDA:blah:

fomospede
04-09-2011, 12:09 PM
yeah hondas are my choice but not in the winners circle enough at pint size~!

JIM GRACE
04-09-2011, 07:26 PM
try to keep water off the head pipe with a skid plate or duct tape on the frame rails to make a shield. air filter is the main problem, there is a lot of opinions on this but flex dryer hose or a small paint cup seem to work best.

oh ya, they hate the water:devil:

fomospede
04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
weve got the stator area all tight with silicone and a ztr cover

weve used the dryer duct before it also worked well in the past

but i think the paint cup may really seal that up nice!

you got me thinking now

also a ngk waterproof cap is being used

any way you may have a pic of said block plate for head????

JIM GRACE
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Drr skid plate covers the entire bottom of the frame And I don't have a pic . They always rattled on the bigger bikes. IMO

fomospede
04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
that is the skid we have

checked out the paint cup idea had one handy 1 qt. worked real well
used a heat gun to keep it from cracking has a nice seal at filter and hose fits nice on other end

hope my neighbors dont mind the noise at 10:30 pm didnt seem to affect jetting at all

thanks Jim G.

JIM GRACE
04-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Been there done that, ha ha

Ztr makes a nice cover the front of the stator/pvl that's better then the stock one

kfx450
04-09-2011, 10:41 PM
put a pvl on it. as for the filter I have a custom set up that is passing all of the tests. i have it on my rt 70 and seems to flow enough air. I will be putting it on a dyno to check any air fuel ratio changes between air filter on carb and custom snorkle kit. all parts on snorkle kit can be purchased on ebay and is not restrictive like the old hetrick style. use a filter with a 2.5 inch intake 6 inches long.

selbygirl
04-10-2011, 12:14 AM
for skid plates to keep water out use your old number plates cut them to fit drill holes and zip ties

fomospede
04-10-2011, 03:19 PM
we went for a ride and took it thru a stream full speed water went everywhere and it didnt miss a beat
although im not done it is close!

thanks for the tips:D

Longdong
05-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
we went for a ride and took it thru a stream full speed water went everywhere and it didnt miss a beat
although im not done it is close!

thanks for the tips:D

Mybe a pic?

cwjr
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
We use a a hetrick air box/duct tape on Charlies 90 and a role of duct tape on Sadies 70.

mmsoup
06-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Marlene created a custom snorkle for the DRR and the Apex. She also created a floor for the cowl on each and runs the snorkle up under the cowl. 14 GNCC's since we went there and counting and a few MidEast to boot and never even had a terribly dirty filter much less water problems.

You can tell the XC guys from the responses

(Chuck Welch)

M