PDA

View Full Version : Busco Beach-Goldsboro, NC

BLINGSTAR 400EX
04-08-2011, 09:26 PM
does anyone here ride there? i'm planning a trip from here in NJ to down there in late May or June. I heard it was "ATV HEAVEN"...any comments from someone who has been there or heard anything about it?

CJM
04-10-2011, 06:11 AM
I want to go too, looks awesome.

Duceswild
04-10-2011, 11:14 AM
That's a long ride from Jersey, but if theres anywhere worth the trek....thats gotta be it! It's like the Four Seasons Hotel of ATVing.
I'll actually be going down to (NaturalBridgesva.com) next month. It'll be only and hour or so from my family down there. My nephew is reconing it now. Claims it has over 36 miles of ATV trails with pit type areas as well. We'll soon find out. Hatfield is another 6hrs away.
Neither one is Busco Beach but it's the best I'll be able to do for the time being.
If you do end up going, give us an update when you get back.

Jake644
04-10-2011, 01:47 PM
I live like an hour away I herd it has a lot of water and mud and some open areas. I can't wait to go ride there.

CJM
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Id like to see an after action report from someone who went.

If I was to go duces it would be for a long 3-4 day weekend, no other way Id drive that far.

BLINGSTAR 400EX
04-10-2011, 10:57 PM
i am for sure going down there in june. im working on buying a new 7'x16' enclosed trailer right now. im going down to NC for two weeks. plan on staying at Busco Beach for an entire weekend (fri, sat, sun, mon), then im going to see some friends that live near by, and i'm also going to look at houses for sale in the area. tired of being in NJ cause there is nowhere to ride. im gonna look for houses in the Smithfield/Selma area, ones that have some property and aren't too far from Busco Beach. i also just hooked up my 400 with some trick red led lights that shine light on my entire front end...really looks badass at night, and all because Busco Beach allows you to ride well into the night. after a hard day of riding, its gonna be nice to kick back by the campfire and down some brews.

Duceswild
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Yea, no doubt it would have to be like a week long venture for me and the kids. At least in VA, I have Family to stay with so I could stay as long as I could get off from work. Would love to do the Busco trip sometime soon.
Like Bling said, ride all day, wash down the trail dust with some suds at night..... get up and do it all over again. Ahhhh Good times....GOOD TIMES.
Ya know, my wife once asked, with that look in her eye, "which do you like better, riding motorcycles...... or having sex?"
A better man than me could have gotten out of this with a one sentence answer. BUT.....
When I reached down into the depths of my knowledge, the only response I could muster up was, "I suspect that greatly depends on which one I did last... an how much after market parts has been installed on either one recently".
When I came too....my quad was wearin a pair of panties and I had an elective surgery bill stapled to my forhead.
God I miss riding....

Honda5
04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
I went last July for a week with the wife and some friends and it's great. It had all kinds of riding mx, trail, mud, water... There will 5 or 6 families going with us in June for a week. Any questions just ask and I'll try to help.

bdubwiley
04-15-2011, 11:20 PM
i live like 20 minutes away from busco, and was there last week. it is def a great place to ride with nothing else like it anywhere around. they have plenty of trails and you dont have to keep lookin at the same trails all day long, you can hop on the trails and ride and ride and ride because there is no telling how many miles or trails there is. but its got riding for everybody from a decent size MX track that they are pretty good about keeping groomed, also a smaller kids style MX track. nice size ponds out there as well. there is mud everywhere out there if you are into 4x4 mud riding, lots of big hills to ride up and down. no matter what kind of riding you do from atv's to dirt bikes, they def have something for you. i ride a 400ex and mostly trail ride and i have no problem riding most of the trails, every now and then there will be deep mud but 90% of the time there is a way around it. if you have never been its def a great place to go and ride.
edit: oh yeah forgot to mention the dirt drag strip they have there too

grassman
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Me and my buddies go about once a month or so.... Its a atv playground. We have been going for the last 5 yrs and it keeps getting better... Its got a little of everything. I know you can youtube a bunch of videos of it... The best thing is you can ride 24/7 with no restrictions... What kind of riding do you do???

pmg8134
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Busco is awesome... but ATV heaven...... Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia! Wow