PDA

View Full Version : The new beast lives!

IcutMetl
04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Seems to run really strong for being pretty much stock other than the FMF pipe and K&N filter. Definitely meaty in the low-mid and falls off in the top. My other R comes alive about 1/3 the way thru the power and sings like hell right on up!

It should really work well in the woods with the powerband like it is, but from the seat of the pants feel, my white one would leave it behind in an open field. If I could keep the powerband like it is now, but add more meat to it...perhaps even extending it a tad bit higher, I'd be a very happy man...but it's not bad right now. Mixed a fresh batch of premium pump fuel and Klotz Super Techniplate at 32:1, and it seems jetted very well, although I haven't run the piss out of it and checked the plug yet. After feeling the way it runs now without any porting or raised compression, a slightly bigger carb of better design like a 35-36mm might be just the ticket.

So far, I've put a new clutch perch and cable, new brake lever, parking brake block off, flushed & refilled ALL the fluids, repaired the case drain using an LT250R bolt (best way), rebuilt the carb, cleaned and re-oiled the K&N, cleaned, oiled, & tensioned the chain, cleaned and greased all the zerks, and a few other odds & ends. A little work to the brakes and a rear skid plate and she's good to rip!!

http://youtu.be/GRJh3ca0gXA

The audio is crappy, and the video is from my cellphone. In the background there you'll see my "new" 2005 Skidoo Mach Z 1000 that I bought this winter and put a completely new engine into- bottom to top. This thing is STUPID with 170hp stock; I can only imagine IT with a big bore kit or good porting!

DoonRider
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Cool. Nice quad!

bigE28
04-09-2011, 11:49 AM
another awesome looking r! sounds goods too!if you come east to ride anywhere closer to pa let me know and we can meet up and give her heck!