PDA

View Full Version : stock baffle

atver13
04-08-2011, 07:38 PM
i have a big gun full pipe on my now with a quiet core. and i was wondering if i can get better hp with the stock muffler with the baffle out my bike is jetted and i have a uni air filter with the lid off

atver13
04-08-2011, 07:51 PM
i cant take out the baffle because the inner core broke off and the packing gets blown out with out the quiet core

BlasterEaten250
04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
You will definately be making more power with the Big Gun, even with the quiet core.

atver13
04-08-2011, 07:55 PM
whats the difference between the stock with out baffle and a open aftermarket one

01boneless
04-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by atver13
i cant take out the baffle because the inner core broke off and the packing gets blown out with out the quiet core

than dont mess with the pipe cause big gun is a good pipe or so ive heard if you need more power get a piston or sparks key and stuff like that:)

BlasterEaten250
04-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by atver13
whats the difference between the stock with out baffle and a open aftermarket one If you saw the inside of a stock slip on you would understand.

BlasterEaten250
04-08-2011, 08:18 PM
This is what the inside of the stock exhaust looks like, as apposed to the wide open tube in your Big Gun. Taking out the spark arrester on a stock exhaust does nothing considering how many chambers the exhaust has to go through before it exits the pipe.

BlasterEaten250
04-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Take your spark arrester out and stick a long screw driver in there, you'll see what I mean.

Hondamaster5505
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
So many misinformed people here.. lol.

Thank you Blastereaten for actually providing a correct answer.

Because of the internal baffling of the 400ex's muffler, removing the spark arrestor does nothing for power. All it does is make a bunch of noise. (And very annoying noise at that- Like a baby farting in water)

ANY aftermarket exhaust will preform better then stock for the most part. Especially a name like Big Gun.

And you will not "burn your valves" or cause any engine damage by removing a baffle or throwing on an exhaust.

First off, removing the baffle does nothing and still has the same back pressure as stock, so you won't "burn valves"
Aftermarket mufflers are a straight-through large hole. If anything they would be 10x worse then stock if that were true.

I ran my 400ex unjetted for a while with my exhaust with no damage before I jetted it.

So keep the aftermarket. Stock is crap.

honda400ex2003
04-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
So many misinformed people here.. lol.

Thank you Blastereaten for actually providing a correct answer.

Because of the internal baffling of the 400ex's muffler, removing the spark arrestor does nothing for power. All it does is make a bunch of noise. (And very annoying noise at that- Like a baby farting in water)

ANY aftermarket exhaust will preform better then stock for the most part. Especially a name like Big Gun.

And you will not "burn your valves" or cause any engine damage by removing a baffle or throwing on an exhaust.

First off, removing the baffle does nothing and still has the same back pressure as stock, so you won't "burn valves"
Aftermarket mufflers are a straight-through large hole. If anything they would be 10x worse then stock if that were true.

I ran my 400ex unjetted for a while with my exhaust with no damage before I jetted it.

So keep the aftermarket. Stock is crap.

it was fun to read through and see all of the comments by the almighty 01boneless. as i just found out from the other thread he is indeed a 400ex guru and genius. judging by his posts here, i have no reason to doubt otherwise. HAHAHA

wow...

steve

Hondamaster5505
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
ive seen tons of people burn up rings not valves (my bad) and also think about this would you take off the silencer and just run a head pipe and not worry about it NO takeing out the baffle is basicly the same thing

Please... do some research before spreading false info.

It is not even CLOSE to running a straight head pipe. The 400ex's baffling and back pressure is created through the chamber system. The tip is NOTHING MORE then to quiet it down and add a spark arrestor. Go take apart a stock exhaust.

And I have NEVER seen someone "burn rings" from taking a baffle out. Not happening. Something else must have went wrong on their motors.

tri5ron
04-08-2011, 10:46 PM
ive seen tons of people burn up rings not valves (my bad) and also think about this would you take off the silencer and just run a head pipe and not worry about it NO takeing out the baffle is basicly the same thing Absolutely incredible.
or better yet,...
abbsoelooteley einkreba-babble.

Can I "Report" MYSELF,.... PULLEZEE ?

Hondamaster5505
04-09-2011, 07:34 AM
every body has been reported so keep it up :):):):)

Cool story bro.:D

I've been around here a lot longer and I never once started personally insulting you or anything. So report me all you want.
You can't get banned for providing someone with factual info before they go and do the wrong thing because someone who doesn't know told them to do so. ;)

4HundredEX
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I can tell you that having the spark arrestor out of the stock exhaust sounds like crap. Mine was missing when I bought. I ended up buying a whole stock pipe for 40 bucks and using the arrestor out of it. It felt like it had a little more pep after I put it on, but it could have just been me. Its much more quiet and doesnt sound like total crap anymore I do know that.

I dont really care about upgrading/modifying anything on mine at all. Plenty fast for me, I came off a warrior. Its just like I got it plus a spark arrestor. I did install a HID kit but it is a very functional modification at night. Pretty much night and DAY diffrence.