PDA

View Full Version : oil blowing outta breather hose?

mhewitt
04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
i have an 06 450er with an hrc kit installed, last night after a spirited ride i noticed some smoke coming from under the seat, when i looked it was the rubber breather hose that comes off the back of the head and runs up beside the airbox, was spitting a little oil out and onto the engine. has anyone had this problem? is that hose supposed to be hooked in somewhere?

DnB_racing
04-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by mhewitt
i have an 06 450er with an hrc kit installed, last night after a spirited ride i noticed some smoke coming from under the seat, when i looked it was the rubber breather hose that comes off the back of the head and runs up beside the airbox, was spitting a little oil out and onto the engine. has anyone had this problem? is that hose supposed to be hooked in somewhere? are you sure your oil isn't over full? if not it could be a sign of rings blowing by and pressurizing the crankcase

just to make sure im talking about the same hose, does it go to a T from lower case on the left near stator cover and plugs into the right side of air box?

mx Eli
04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
if it's alot of oil you could have cracked a piston. do not run it until u figure out whats up, if its a cracked piston it might scratch the nycisl plating

mhewitt
04-09-2011, 08:54 AM
no is not that hose this one comes off of the back of the cylinder and turns straight up beside the airbox and doesnt go anywhere its just there. ive never overfilled the crankcase with oil so that shouldnt be a problem

DnB_racing
04-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by mhewitt
no is not that hose this one comes off of the back of the cylinder and turns straight up beside the airbox and doesnt go anywhere its just there. ive never overfilled the crankcase with oil so that shouldnt be a problem ok! that one goes under the heat sheild under gas tank and is open ended, but the problems would still be the same, somehow pressure is getting into crank case

TJ Bradley
04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Make sure one of the breather hoses isnt pinched somewhere. Mine emptied a whole quart into the air box after i put the new motor in, because i had the head cover breather hose kinked under the tank.

quad71
04-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Thats the trans breather. there is a hole in the blackplastic shield between the tank and motor,the hole is near the carb,stick the hose down in the hole it will stop there is a bottom.