PDA

View Full Version : turkey bay

koontz27
04-08-2011, 11:53 AM
iv been researching turkey bay in kentucky its by land between the lakes. i was wondering if any one has been there and what their thoughts were on this park?

400man
04-08-2011, 12:23 PM
ive been there several times, its a great place with tons of trails to ride ALL day on. the best time to go is when the water is down at the lakes though cause theres a few awesome trails that run right along the shore. there are quite a few rocks so skid plates are nice to have. there are several steep hill climbs and spots for dune buggies to climb, my bro took this video last time we was there,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5iBbn_3xWw

bkb88
04-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I went there back in 2006 and it was really fun. The trails were nice from what I can remember and the scenery was beautiful. I heard they closed it down around 2007. Is it open now??

Scro
04-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Send SMR or fastredrider44 a PM. I know they live close by.

duroc825
04-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Man I miss that place! I grew up in the area some 25 years ago! Dang I'm gettin old. I've only gotten to ride it once about 10 years ago on a utility with the wife on the back so I missed out on a lot. Beautiful area and some really cool trails. Sure beats Florida I'm sure.

TORO1968
04-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by bkb88
I went there back in 2006 and it was really fun. The trails were nice from what I can remember and the scenery was beautiful. I heard they closed it down around 2007. Is it open now??

Turkey Bay is as open as can be! Super fun place to ride...gets a little dusty when it's dry though.

2001400exrida
04-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I'll the out there on April 29th! Rumor has it they do night riding?

4HundredEX
04-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Im only about 45 min from there. Its an awesome place to ride. They have areas for primitive camping, and areas for generator use camping also. No showers though. But there are several places close by to camp that do have showers you can camp, ie piney campground, energy lake, and wranglers. Have heard that if you camp at turkey bay, one of the campgrounds close by will allow you to use there showers... I can find out which one for you if needed, let me know. Riding is permitted only in daylight hours, and the hours are posted at the gatehouse daily. $15 for a 3 day permit, $30 for 7 day, $60 for a yearly. Camping $8 a night. They are open year round.

Carry gas cans with you if you plan to stay overnight. There isnt a gas station real close by, probably the closest is about 10 or so miles.

koontz27
04-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 4HundredEX
Im only about 45 min from there. Its an awesome place to ride. They have areas for primitive camping, and areas for generator use camping also. No showers though. But there are several places close by to camp that do have showers you can camp, ie piney campground, energy lake, and wranglers. Have heard that if you camp at turkey bay, one of the campgrounds close by will allow you to use there showers... I can find out which one for you if needed, let me know. Riding is permitted only in daylight hours, and the hours are posted at the gatehouse daily. $15 for a 3 day permit, $30 for 7 day, $60 for a yearly. Camping $8 a night. They are open year round.

Carry gas cans with you if you plan to stay overnight. There isnt a gas station real close by, probably the closest is about 10 or so miles.

thanks man that was a lot of help i was trying to find prices and nada lol