PDA

View Full Version : Car was broken into

Sjorge450R
04-08-2011, 09:00 AM
So, I was at a friends house in a not so good part of Philly. Anyway, I go to get in my car and some douche bag broke into it. They smashed the little rear vent window on the drivers side (at least they were courteous) and then rooted through everything. They even had the tools to take my H/U out and they weren't able to get it out. They must have been spooked or something.

Is it kind of bad that I am more pissed that they broke into my car and didnt take anything? Im not too worried about it. I live in Philly so I expected this to happen sooner or later.

CJM
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
That surely sucks man, thankfully they were to dumb to get the head unit out.

I know how you feel tho, of all things I left the car unlocked my mistake one day and some moron stole my old beatup cd player I had mounted to the dash, the car kit and my cd wallet which had nothing but mixes on it. Why someone would want that IDK (ipods were already big by then).

Does your HU have a removable face-take it with you or hide it in the console or something. Me, my truck looks beat up, I have a HU thats gotta be 15 years old and nothing is in plain site-no ones broke into it yet. If they did the only thing of value is the gps and ipod anyways and both are older ones.

chucked
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I left the window cracked in my old truck. Someone got into it and stole my gps which didn't work, my phone charger, and my audio cable. I didn't care at all on the stuff that was stolen, but the fact someone was on my property and in my truck had me hot. I had an alarm put on and cameras installed within a few weeks.

ridered11
04-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I left my windows cracked on a hot day and had my Oakleys hanging from the rear view mirror with croakies on them. Came back to find them gone, the mother F'er had to have had the skinniest arms in the world to be able to reach them.

Thats sucks about your car man, now that I have a nicer car I tend to worry about that kind of stuff a lot.

madskrillz2
04-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Someone kicked the front door of my house in about 5 months ago so I feel your pain.

Sjorge450R
04-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Does your HU have a removable face-take it with you or hide it in the console or something. Me, my truck looks beat up, I have a HU thats gotta be 15 years old and nothing is in plain site-no ones broke into it yet. If they did the only thing of value is the gps and ipod anyways and both are older ones.

Yeah I have a removable faceplate and it was taken off lol. Idk. I just got back from getting the new window installed and it didnt cost me too much so I am not too upset about anything.

I just hate people who try to steal other peoples chit. I had free loaders, but hey, thanks Obama for extending unemployment for everyone. I understand extending it for people who are trying to get a job, but all the hood rats just keep on sitting on their *** stealing other peoples ****

Quad18star
04-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I had little *******s break into my truck when I first got it and they stole my ashtray with contained coins. I was more pissed that they didn't leave the ashtray and just take the money because it would cost me more to replace the ashtray than there was change in it. I had $20 in change .. the dealer wants $32 for the god damn ashtray. *******s !!!!

wild250rman
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
was working in King of Prussia next to Philly a while back and someone broke into 2 of 3 of our work trucks and pretty much took everything. got hit like that in Baltimore but located everything the thief was still in the motel. found him by calling a cell phone he had stollen, he did not know how to shut it off bad for him.

CJM
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
Yeah I have a removable faceplate and it was taken off lol. Idk. I just got back from getting the new window installed and it didnt cost me too much so I am not too upset about anything.

I just hate people who try to steal other peoples chit. I had free loaders, but hey, thanks Obama for extending unemployment for everyone. I understand extending it for people who are trying to get a job, but all the hood rats just keep on sitting on their *** stealing other peoples ****

Wtf were they gonna do with a HU with no faceplate lol..idiots..

madskrillz2
04-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
was working in King of Prussia next to Philly a while back and someone broke into 2 of 3 of our work trucks and pretty much took everything. got hit like that in Baltimore but located everything the thief was still in the motel. found him by calling a cell phone he had stollen, he did not know how to shut it off bad for him.

I dream of catching somebody with my stuff.