PDA

View Full Version : motor wont fit between rear pivot mount after rebuild

Jim417mx
04-08-2011, 06:30 AM
I just put a new crank, oil pump, and cleaned everything after splitting the cases. I had the bearings pressed in, the crank pressed into the one side of the case, and the other side slid on like its supose to. I used suzukibond on the cases, tapped them with a rubber mallet to get them as close as possible, and tightened the bolts down, the cases seem to be together correctly, but I went to install the motor and the rear mount where the pivot bolt goes through, the motor will NOT fit between the swingarm, I tried wiggling the swingarm, pushing the swingarm bearings in all the way, etc, tried for literally 3 hours. Any tricks I'm missing, maybe the cases arent "set " all the way together. My only option is to grind less than 1mm off the stock thing that sits behind the front sprocket, but I dont want to "rig" it up, I'd rather look for the right answer from somebody on here of what could possibly be wrong.

nkillian9
04-08-2011, 09:28 AM
ha ha i had the same problem, got so pissed i had to walk away came back and got pissed somemore lol, on mine somehow one of my needle bearings in the swingarm got out of position and got between the sleeve and the inside thrust bearing, maybe this will help u

foxman_23
04-08-2011, 12:55 PM
agreed, your cases are either together or they arent. you should be able to tell by looking. i would look more at the bearings on the swinger.

Jim417mx
04-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Put the lower motor mount bolt in first, then rocked the motor back into the pivot mount, worked fine... idk, just one of those things u have to "walk away from" and come back and it works fine.. thx guys