PDA

View Full Version : 450r advice/help!

atvracin74
04-07-2011, 09:14 PM
what type of lubes go where... what oils goes where and what needs changing when... also for the last 6 years i have ran a honda 250r so 4 stroke is a totaly diffrent concept so sorry if it seems alittle dum to be asking this kind of question... thanks for looking and all heads up would be great!

fastredrider44
04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm a big fan of Rotella White bottle 15w40 in engine and clutch sides. I used to use nothing but GN4 Honda oil, but that Rotella is good stuff and lots cheaper. I change my oil every race in my race bike and 6 hours or so in my stock bike. I change the oil filter every time as well. Hi-Flo filters are cheap, and its a little added security. The main thing on these bikes is to keep a clean air filter or the valves will not last any time.

DnB_racing
04-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by atvracin74
what type of lubes go where... what oils goes where and what needs changing when... also for the last 6 years i have ran a honda 250r so 4 stroke is a totaly diffrent concept so sorry if it seems alittle dum to be asking this kind of question... thanks for looking and all heads up would be great! here is a link for a service manual, wait till the 45 second timer runs down and a free download button will appear

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1LMLX10