PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for GO PRO HD

Omoc
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I Just bought a GO PRO HD helemt cam and I need suggestions on a good SD card for it. Any info will help cause I'm clueless thanks!

NacsMXer
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I use a Patriot class 6 SDHC 16 GB card. Patriot is recommended by GoPro and hasn't given me any problems. Anything over 16 GB is overkill IMO so feel free to go with less capacity depending on your needs. Class 4 or 6 is recommended, nothing less.

KeithLuneau
04-07-2011, 01:09 AM
I've had great luck with Patriot cards in other cameras, though I haven't used on in my GoPro yet. I've been using a Transcend 8GB Class 6 card in it with excellent results!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-07-2011, 01:14 AM
I use a Transcend 8gb card in my 960 and haven't had any problems. Works just as good as any others and doesn't break the bank.

Tommy Warren
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM
i got the 32 gig from gopro and it outlasts both my batteries

quad2xtreme
04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Omoc
I Just bought a GO PRO HD helemt cam and I need suggestions on a good SD card for it. Any info will help cause I'm clueless thanks!

My only advice is to update the firmware so it supports instant on/instant record. Basically, you turn it on and it starts recording. If anyone looks at you and sees a light then you know it is recording. I hated having to turn it on then hit another button to make it record.

Tommy Warren
04-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
My only advice is to update the firmware so it supports instant on/instant record. Basically, you turn it on and it starts recording. If anyone looks at you and sees a light then you know it is recording. I hated having to turn it on then hit another button to make it record.
x2 I had mine setup this way and when my buddy got his he thought it was the same but never recorded anything all day:eek:

Ichoptop
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
there is a how to video on the Go Pro website showing how to set it up for one button recording. It works great.

I run a 32 GB card and it is awesome.

I just picked up the LCD Bak Pak and the Battery Bak Pak and they both are well worth the money

lasher45
04-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I run a Kingston 16gb and it works great. I've taken over a thousand pictures, if not close to two thousand and well over two hundred videos and not one of them has had a blip in sound or video.

Its also the one GoPro recommends, or at least did a couple months ago.