PDA

View Full Version : couple questions new to the 450rs.!

beck125
04-06-2011, 05:27 PM
hola, i have recently acquired an 05 450r, i was wondering the 400ex wheels should work with this right? also i have huge plans for this bike, the only thing is where am i going to put the key with new bars? what are some of you guys doing with it, or is there a way to hardwire the thing to where it eliminates the key? im not sure, just wondering! GLAD I MOVED TO THE 450's!

beck125
04-06-2011, 05:37 PM
oh and gearing changes, mostly riding woods and some tracks.

GTRider256
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Your stock wheels and tires will defintely work and as far as a key I used a Rox Speed FX Dash Board Plate. I haven't personally changed my gearing but I do believe 1 tooth down on the front sprocket should work.

440ex. ehhh!!
04-06-2011, 05:56 PM
1 tooth in the front is 3 in the back.
I have a 05 and have no key, so yes there is a way.
all i have for wiring is my lights, kill switch, fan switch, and the red light which i don't even know what it tells me. I think it only comes on when i turn the fan on, so since i have the switch, its pretty much useless. lol
wheels will work just fine.
the rear hubs are also the same and will fit.

DnB_racing
04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by beck125
hola, i have recently acquired an 05 450r, i was wondering the 400ex wheels should work with this right? also i have huge plans for this bike, the only thing is where am i going to put the key with new bars? what are some of you guys doing with it, or is there a way to hardwire the thing to where it eliminates the key? im not sure, just wondering! GLAD I MOVED TO THE 450's! as far as eliminating the key there are many ways to do it, if you are also getting rid of your axillary curcuit it can just be unpluged.
but if you want lights and warning lites the it needs to be jumped out..

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461586

in this link there are a number of options if you need something different let me know and i will modify a drawing for your situation