PDA

View Full Version : Boyesen Quickshot 3 Accelerator Pump

440ex. ehhh!!
04-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Anybody ever use one?? whats it do?
dealer mechanic who did my carb says i may need one because when i punch it in 4th it seems to bog down before it revs out.
but they don't even make this for the 05 :S
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=80&navTitle=Intake%2FFuel&webCatId=16&keyword=quickshot&prodFamilyId=24846

DnB_racing
04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
Anybody ever use one?? whats it do?
dealer mechanic who did my carb says i may need one because when i punch it in 4th it seems to bog down before it revs out.
but they don't even make this for the 05 :S
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=80&navTitle=Intake%2FFuel&webCatId=16&keyword=quickshot&prodFamilyId=24846 all it does is give you the ability to adjust your leak jet on a fcr carb.. if you find the right size leak jet for around $4.00 it will do almost the same thing..once you set the QS3 you never really touch it again

I would recomend getting a couple leak jets and find the one that works best for you around 50 or 55 is a common size that are being used

SHIFTx450
04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
On my 06, I run a 55 leak w/ the Boyeson QS2 and it is great.. Almost no bog whatsoever. Put a NYCQ needle in 5th clip down , 48 pilot 172 main, adjust your fuel screw to where it needs to be and that sh*t will rip

SHIFTx450
04-07-2011, 01:24 PM
..and them PowerNow diaphrams, a little birdy tells me they're an awesome bolt on mod. Really calms the turbulance against the slide associated with most bogging.

440ex. ehhh!!
04-07-2011, 01:46 PM
yea, see, i don't know exactly what i have for jetting because i had the dealer mechanic do it for me, and this was at his house, so he wanted to get it over with i think.
i was trying to tell me that there is no conversion for dynojets and keihin jets. which there obviously is.
so all i know is 165 dynojet, the needle is one clip down from the top, but its an aftermarket one from when the HMF was put on, and the pilot, he didn't have the next size up so he just drilled it out one bit size bigger. He used VERY small bits though.

DnB_racing
04-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
yea, see, i don't know exactly what i have for jetting because i had the dealer mechanic do it for me, and this was at his house, so he wanted to get it over with i think.
i was trying to tell me that there is no conversion for dynojets and keihin jets. which there obviously is.
so all i know is 165 dynojet, the needle is one clip down from the top, but its an aftermarket one from when the HMF was put on, and the pilot, he didn't have the next size up so he just drilled it out one bit size bigger. He used VERY small bits though. drilling probly isnt the best idea!!!you might wany to get some quality keihn jets, my dealer had full sets with 6 mains and 4 pilots and 2 leaks and a needle for $55.00 and it gave me all the options i needed

440ex. ehhh!!
04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
yea, thats what i thought when he started doing it.
He's been doing that for years and says he hasn't ever had a problem.
It's only brass too, so it went easy.

Would putting the needle on the next notch help with bog??

Josh

fastredrider44
04-07-2011, 09:51 PM
The QS system is not for the 05 carb. Jetting and needle position is all thats needed to get bog that you're talking about to go away.