PDA

View Full Version : Sparks TT vs MX vs FMF Fatty

IcutMetl
04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
I have a pair of 250r's now; the white one is a midrange stock cylinder ported by RB Racing, 38a/s, and raised compression. I swapped out an FMF fatty I was running to a complete Sparks TT, and felt that I lost a good amount of low-mid performance. Mid to top, its a screamer now! I typically ride a mix of woods and open areas.

My second 250r (the red one) is stock bore, stock non ported cylinder, factory 34pj, fresh top end on factory compression. It had a rusty, dented old school FMF on it- I put the Fatty from the white machine on here to clean it up a bit. I'm going to keep this a woods/trail oriented machine; it feels much meatier in low/mid than the white one.

My plan is to keep the 34pj on Red, perhaps bore the carb out a bit, maybe swap the worked top end from White onto Red, so I can build a monster motor for White and turn Red into a woods beast. I want wheelie on command, climb a creek bank, hop a log without smoking the clutch power out of Red.

Will the Sparks MX be a huge measureable difference over the Fatty for Red's application? I would offer to trade the TT for someone's MX, but I may just keep the TT on White and build a beastly midrange big bore.

What do you guys' think?

C-LEIGH RACING
04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Take the red one & get a high compression cool head & race gas & leave the FMF on or either get a CT midrange pipe. The CT pipe & high compression will turn in into a grunt monster from bottom up to about mid rpm.

The Sparks TT is just that, a high rpm pipe, but might be somebody that wants it & then you could replace it with a ESR TRX5 that would probably match up closer to the Sparks mx porting & give it some bottom end.

Just suggestions.
Neil

wilkin250r
04-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
The Sparks TT is just that, a high rpm pipe, but might be somebody that wants it

Hmm, if I can get my hands on a Sparks TT pipe, and get Neil to do some porting... *wheels turning*

IcutMetl
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Hmm, if I can get my hands on a Sparks TT pipe, and get Neil to do some porting... *wheels turning*

Haha...all in time. I don't want to give up the TT pipe just because its in good shape and rare. I'm hesitant about making both of them high compression just because I want one to be able to be ran on pump gas incase I take it trail riding and need to find fuel. I may end up boring out the 34pj or getting a 35 a/s for the red one too just to keep it snappier on the low end.