PDA

View Full Version : Oil in my airbox!!!

416honda
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
If a anyone can shed some light on the subject, it would be much appreciated.. My airbox has about a pint of oil in it after a out a 10 min. moderate ride session it has a 416 kit a big gun rev box and a full big gun exhaust. I have no problem with this bike smoking except when I first start it untill it get warm after that no smoke. Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

400exshop
04-05-2011, 11:03 AM
The smoke at start up could be the valve seals. and the oil in the box could be a blow by witch could be a ring putting pressure in to your crank case in putting the oil breather line.

416honda
04-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey thanks! I just had this motor apart for a new shift shaft and the mech., said that the piston and rings looked good, p.s. this guy has done my work for years and never have I had any false info from him, but I guess anyone can miss some things sometimes. Could this be an over fill situation on the oil tank! If so how much should this bike take when changing the oil?

NMills
04-05-2011, 01:23 PM
When doing a oil change you should only be puttin in 1.8 quarts... but not much more... if the case was split then it would take more...

416honda
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey thanks for the info!!
I think just to be on the safe side I'm going to drain the oil, pull the old rings, pull the stock cam out, get some new rings comin' and while it's apart throw a hotcam in it, and be done with that whole mess!!! And at the end have a stronger faster bike!! And maybe have it porter and polished and the flywheel lightened, any suggestions on how much to have it lightened by!?