PDA

View Full Version : DC LT a-arm specs

quadscrib
04-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes Ive tried searching this and cannot find it.
I have a used DC front end and swing arm (long travel) on my boys DRX70 and I need some specs for caster and camber.
Please help!!!! BTW Fox floats etc...

Coley'sdad#8
04-05-2011, 07:40 AM
For MX this works well for us, no bump steer, don't even have a steering stabilizer on one of the bikes.
toe in 1/4"
3 deg. negative camber
1 to 3 deg. of caster (loaded)
set the ride height with the front of the quad being 1/4 to 1/2 higher than the rear WITH the rider on it. I use bags of sand, concrete cause Coley can't sit still for an hour while I adjust all that, just match the dummy weight to the weight of your pilot.

jakesdad6
04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I have a set of dc arms on a quad I bought the quad like this so Never set it up how do you no how to set it up is there a tool that's measure caster and camber

Coley'sdad#8
04-09-2011, 06:23 AM
you can use a manual angle gauge (round with 2 flat mounting sides and the needle with angle graduations onside) or the digital style with a magnetic mounting side.
for neg camber measurement take a flat edge against the outer edge of your wheel, hold it vertical, put your ga. on it and crank it to where you want it.
for caster take a piece of 1/2" rod about 2'-0-" stick it down vertically inside the upper and lower a arms in the V area next to the ball joint, stick your angle ga on the rod and this gives you consistent readings.