PDA

View Full Version : Apex brakes locking up

chunky0071
04-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Ok lets hear it what has every one done to fix the rear brakes?
At the Mideast last week end ours and 3 others locked up! ! ! Any help on fixxing this would be very helpfull.

dewutfan
04-05-2011, 08:45 AM
he get ahold of terri at Apex they know about the problem and is helping with the cost is my understanding .. hope this helps

JIM GRACE
04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
My friends son has had that happen also. Normally takes the caliper apart lubes the posts and puts it back together. Seems fine until you powerwash the grease away.

chunky0071
04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
OK we have greased the post or the caliper sliders we have complettly flushed the brakes and put in new fluid I moved the brake lever so that he could not be riding the brakes I checked the clearence between the piston and caliper every thing is good.
Next I am puting a YFZ 450 master cylinder on it to try that. if it still does it I am going to have a new brake stay made and put a DS450 caliper on it. oh and just so every one knows if you call apex all they will tell you is we don't know what is causing it!

dewutfan
04-05-2011, 04:31 PM
wow i cant believe Apex told you they dont anything about this i got an email on 3/24 from teri... And it cleary states they know they have a master cylinder problem and if you return it they will work with you on the price.... if you send me your email address i will send it to you .... if there pulling this and are telling people different stories i dont know if i want to tell people about them... i dont like dishonest...

chunky0071
04-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Got to talk to Teri yesterday after noon and she said there was a problem but they did not have a fix! I told them to try the yamaha parts. There where that I know of 7 apex atv's that had this problem saturday. Don't know if it was related to the brakes and belt but the crank in ours is twisted now I have to have that as well.

biggfurm6881
04-06-2011, 11:15 AM
ya im having the opposite problem as you guys we lost all rear brakes on my kids 2010 apex 90 i cant get it to do anything, try pumping it up and it will not do anything i tried a vacum pump and it just sucks bubbles, changing it out with one off my drr tonight and see if i can get it to do anything